CLYW...How to start?

@mable @SR1 have you seen the new Klondike? The price is ok for a bimetal (at this point I get used to the 100$ yoyos), the look is honestly sick, wonder if it will come to YYE.

What do you think looking at the shape? The Wish still be up to it or this Klondike will be more technical?

Have to say that it looks really cool, here the specs:

|Weight (g)|65.2|
|Diameter (mm)|55.59|
|Width (mm)|45.12|
|Trapeze Width (mm)|43|
|Body Shape|H-Profile|
|Body Material|Aluminum (A6061)|
|Rim|Stainless Steel|
|Bearing Type|Center Trac Bearing|
|Bearing Size|Size C (Large)|

3 Likes

This has yet to steer me wrong with throws.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it, images have been floating around on the CLYW discord (highly recommend joining if you’re on Discord) for at least a few months now (@mable was actually the one that pointed out to me that pics had dropped of it awhile back since I hadn’t realized lol). Looks REALLY good, I’m gonna cop one for sure since that and the Plastic Peak are my most anticipated throws of the year. I’ve been excited ever since I heard about it the first time as “a competition yoyo that evolved from the Wildfire” (which I also really enjoy).

Pretty sure it will. Steve said Rewind will have it first, since it was a collab with them, and then it’ll have a worldwide release not too long after (minus the green/blue fade - that will remain a Rewind exclusive). I’ll prolly cop mine at US Nats, since Steve said it’ll be available there.

I don’t wanna judge anything without playing it, but it looks like a serious, serious competitive throw that I’m sure CLYW’s team members who regularly compete will especially appreciate having. I guess it was even being tested out on stage last year at Nats. I could see it being more powerful than the Wish though, that’s for sure - those SS rims are no joke. Super excited to try it!

1 Like