CLYW Fool's Gold Yeti

I am considering purchasing a fool’s gold yeti. What should I expect quality-wise?

2 Likes

Roughly 8/10. Can I assume you mean the Yeti 2.0 plastic for $5? If so, then you are in for a treat and probably the best value in plastic yoyos.

2 Likes

It’s not my favorite plastic, just because it’s so big. But it’s not a bad plastic at all. usually all you see are some cracks near the bearing seat.

Most of the Plastic Yeti are fool’s gold for small cracks around the brass hub I believe. It’s mostly cosmetic, all the ones I’ve tried play great.

1 Like

It’s like 90 percent of a regular yeti 2.0. It plays pretty dang good and for 5 bucks it’s alarming how good a deal you’re getting. Like @YoYoExpertGarrett said, it’s usually just got cracks on the hub. Not big cracks either. Just little hairlines that happen during molding. Still plays great.

Just checked the tracking, mine should be here Monday. At 5 bucks…how can you go wrong.

Out of curiosity, how’s the spin time on these? I’m not expecting Horizon level stuff, but I want it to spin longer than my responsive DV888.

Mine just came today. Unfortunately I had to leave for work so I wasn’t able to string it up yet. I did however inspect it closely but couldn’t find any of the cracks they are talking about.

Mine plays great had it for a few months and couldn’t see any damage or cracks

Just ordered mine yesterday!

Mine is playing great. Actually just ordered another one. Might do a half swap. Can’t beat the price.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to arrive?

It took about 4 or 5 days to ship out. Once I got the shipping email and tracking number it arrived in about three days.

Mine has taken longer than that, but living in the southwestern US, along with having the worst postal service known to mankind, I suppose it is normal.

Just got the tracking number for my second one so it was about a week before shipping.

I just got the number too, we must have ordered them at the same time…

1 Like

An amazing 5$ yoyo

1 Like

Did it come with string?

It comes with a kitty string. My first came with a yellow one.