CLYW Choices

Hey folks!
Looking for thoughts on a few CLYW as I only have the yeti 2.0 and no metals of theirs.

The ones I’m looking at are mainly the Dune and Kayak…plus I did just now find a Borealis 2 I could pick up, lol. So thoughts on what you like/don’t like on each would be appreciated.
The Manatee is also in there, but I’m not sure how I’d like something that wide…but who knows!

What I’m liking now are the G2 B18, Wolf, Top Deck and sometimes my SK.
Any thoughts are appreciated!!
Thanks!

4 Likes

Do you like the Yeti 2.0? Have you considered the Metal Yeti?

CLYW has told us a new run of PickAxe and Peak 2 is coming soon too!

Borealis has always been onf of my favorites. It sounds like you are more into stable and long spinning, etc. I would say of the ones you mentioned Borealis > Kayak > Dune - but the PickAxe is a really unique and special throw that captures CLYW essence. :blush:

7 Likes

Oh cool! Hey, is the Pick axe the medium to slightly undersized one?

I’ve been thinking that would be a great one to carry around.

I did think about a metal yeti…that’s probably in my future at some point!

2 Likes

That is correct! It was based on their original flagship model and my all time favorite the CHIEF.

PickAxe is a really all around fun throw - great stability and comfortable - perfect pocket throw! :blush:

5 Likes

Metal Yeti is amazing! Love that yoyo.

Out of the yoyos you mentioned:

Kayak is a really cool yoyo, very comfy shape. Can be a fast or laid back yoyo.

Dune is heavy. Sometimes it plays heavy, other times I don’t notice the weight. Really great shape and fun yoyo.

Manatee, it’s wide, but doesn’t feel that wide to me. I think after just a little time you wouldn’t even notice the width.

The Borealis is probably my favorite CLYW in recent years, I preferred the original over the 2nd.

The great thing when it comes to CLYW you’re going to get a great yoyo no matter which one you chose. Out of all of these I’d highly suggest the Metal Yeti. It’s easy to get right now, and has a classic CLYW feel and play to it.

4 Likes

Get a Cliff!!! (Sarcasm and idk if I could make a weirded shape of i got paid $1million)

Had a grey bipbop cliff once

In would say chief who has said they don’t like the chiefs??

3 Likes

The Akita is by far the standout of their recent releases. You can’t go wrong with the Pickaxe either… CLYW does need to re-release the Chief though

6 Likes

Remember what I was saying about re-runs of old models. There ya go :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome!
I think the Akita looks amazing! I bet it plays the same. That’s now on my list too. Lol!

Thanks so much for the outpouring of info!
I’ll try and post up what I get when it comes in. Father’s Day is also around the corner, so maybe more than one throw is in order. :grin:

1 Like

Another vote for the Akita. It’s by far my favorite CLYW (and one of my absolute favorites), and I’ve owned most of them.

2 Likes

If you’re not sure, I believe that clyw is putting on a fools gold sale soon (their version of b grades). May want to pick up a few from that when it happens for cheap

2 Likes

Heheh…yeah, that’s what got me realizing I have no metal CLYW’s. Just thinking about which one to sample.

2 Likes

Metal Yeti is very fun, complete opposite of Pickaxe though.

1 Like

borealis is good

2 Likes