CLYW Chief.

How do the AC and the Chief compare? I know it’s been asked alot, though the replies mostly have been subjective, by a lot. They are in my mind, exceptionally equal, considering i’ve never played either of them.

Chief is light floaty and big. Full-sized to slightly oversized

Arctic Circle mid-class weight. Not really heavy, plays more solid. Smaller more mid-sized to full sized.

Hm. As far as size i think the AC is for me. Which is the most stable?

1 Like

how come nobody has a “turning point Hype” thread? they could break out the " why would you spend $200 on a turning point, when you could spend half that on such and so. or how 'bout a “Yoyo recreation hype” thread? or maybe a “general-yo hype” thread? seriously. the amount of “Caribou lodge hype” threads is really getting annoying.

I’d say they’re both equally stable

And they’re both VERYYY stable

Well YYR is made of 7075 so you really can not say anything about them. & As for turning point, you’re correct. & well then doesnt the amount of threads tell you something then? The hype is annoying, not the threads;)

i can confirm for a fact without a doubt that the chief is the best playing yoyo i have ever used. It’s all preference though, but a lot of peoples preference fits the chief freakin perfect.
Chief is still not my fav though, i like every yoyo from VS.NYYC with the exception of the Battosai more than the chief.

Have you played both the AC and the Chief? And what are those preferences? :slight_smile:

what i meant to say was that there are so many threads asking the question “why does Caribou Lodge have so much hype” my bad.

I haven’t played any CLYW, so i’m not the most knowledgeable on this topic.

Well I’m not sure but it could be the power of suggestion. Like, since so many people say the Chief is the best yoyo they’ve ever thrown, suddenly, of course you will love the yoyo because so many other people like it…so you say man…this thing is amazing and go along with everyone else, while sub-consciously you could hate it. (not saying its a bad yoyo, its nice) But what I’m saying is that’s probably the hype and why people wanted to buy it so bad and rank it so high.

Does it really matter? In the big picture, does it really matter. It is a return top. It is fun. It brings people joy. We focus on art, engineering and performance. I think some people get that. Some people will like it some people don’t. Enough.

2 Likes

Amen.

:slight_smile: that blue avalanche is gorgeous…when will it be released and how much?

This is the CLYW Chief topic :slight_smile:

It’ll prob be ready in August some time. Pricing will be around the Sasquatch pricing.

Alright, cool cant wait, I just might HAVE to buy this one:D

necro…