CLYW Chief or YOYOFATORY Catalist Zstacked

This mans got it… Listen to him ;D

You know what hubstacks (Z-stacks, actually) are really neat for? 5A. You already have a freehand, this lets you explore that even more.

::slight_smile: USA-made YYFs are some of the best value for money yoyos made these days. I mean $75 for a high quality made in the USA metal? The hubstacks can come off, let’s not forget hubstack yoyos have won world championships with and without their stacks… I’d also suggest the OP check out the CZM84VK. Looks amazing, price is great, every review i’ve read is positive. I have one on the way and i’m super excited.

I’ve played both. Get a CHIEF!!

I tried the Catalyst at BAC, and it was really heavy. I didn’t like it because it felt kind of “slow” so I would go for the Chief. If you are trying to stay in the $70-$80 price range, I recommend getting the CZM84VK.

Once again NathanC has shown us the way.

The Czech Mate costs basically half the the price of the Chief yet (in my opinion) performs just as well. Enough said really…

In fact, since I’m not the biggest fan of floaty throws, I personally prefer the way it plays to the Chief. I’m surprised that YYF have priced it as cheaply as they have, they could easily have gotten away with charging more for it.

Actually, It was just the Owens edition.

The HOT is the Harold Signature throw. Hence the name HOT

Oh, now I understand. The Chief is way better. The Catalyst is still my favorite YYF.

I think the Chief is better, but I still prefer other yoyos to it.

thanks everyone for the help :slight_smile:

I would definitely go with the Chief.

I’ve had a lot of play time with both. :wink:

And now your Choice has been made xD :wink:

The lord hath spoken!

If that’s not definitive, I really don’t know what is.

Augie’s said before he didn’t have any input in the Catalyst design, so doesn’t really mean anything if he prefers one throw or another. And still the whole price difference thing.

I beg to differ. He said himself he’s played both extensively. In no way does his having no input in the Catalyst falsify his opinion. He’s also among of the greatest throwers ever, so you should probably listen to his advice.

In regards to my opinion, the Catalyst is probably better value. The Chief plays great and all, but it’s price point is certainly very steep. Also, you keep saying that YYF throws have won competitions. I don’t recall any competition in which a yoyo was the winner. A good player can perform well with any yoyo. Jensen Kimmitt won worlds with a Northstar, doesn’t make the Northstar any better than the other yoyos that were being used.

Chief is a bit expensive, though worth it. The Catalyst is a decent yoyo, but in my opinion there are quite a few yoyos in that price range that will out-perform it, especially considering that the Catalyst is 2 years old and a lot of top-level yoyos have come out since then. The stacked Catalyst, in particular, has a center heavy weight distribution and I find the spin times and stability lacking.

If you’re looking for pure value to playability, I love the Alpha Crash ($20), Trigger ($28), Di Base 2 ($55), Glitter ($90), Mo-Vitation, Code 1 ($100), Summit ($115)
, Cascade ($115). I also dig a lot of the Crucial throws.
If you’re looking for YYF specifically, Super G is a solid choice and is especially great as a competition throw.

1 Like

I’ve owned both.

I have 2 Chiefs.
It’s the only throw I own multiples of.

If you like a bit of float, (Which I love) the Chief is tops in my book.

Z stacks are cool… But it’s preference, like I hated the catalyst, never tried the chief. I’d go with chief.

thank you everyone. :slight_smile:
I finally made my choice and got the chief!!! ;D
I got it today and with 2011 cards and 3 2013 card packs.
I ordered it on national yoyo day. ;D
thanks for the help.