CLYW Advance Scout Released! Who else got one?

I’m getting a chief instead.

The Chief is, in my opinion, one of the best, most fun yoyos out there. Good choice.

Yes, I’ve heard great things. I have a bonfire and I think I should get a chief before.

Maybe just maybe it’s because he is italian and english is his second language? just calm down man.

BTW I got the orange one can’t wait!

1 Like

I don’t recall anyone from CLYW saying that any aspect of the Scout would be objectionably “better” than those of the Advance Scout, simply tweaked so that it makes more sense for Petr’s style.

“Advance Scout” is a term commonly used in military systems and professional sports, among other areas.

1 Like

thank you!
yes, it is so, and in fact, my second language is French … I have never studied English and so much of what I write comes from google translate.
I am very sorry for this … :-[

At least he’s making an effort to try to communicate with us. I’m sure he’s the only one who would take his time to do this.

On a second note, could I have maybe some background on the chief and maybe almost a “mini review” cause you do have 3 :wink:

1 Like

I don’t really see how me saying I didn’t understand something is a negative comment. It’s not like I made fun of anything or bagged on persson. Simply stated I couldn’t understand and asked if anyone else did.

The way you said it came across as very sarcastic and not a sincere question. If it was in fact a sincere question then maybe next time ask persson to elaborate sense he would be the one saying the actual comment he’d be the best to explain it.

The chief is stable but agile. It’s dynamic, in that it can be relaxed and slow, but it also has the ability to be pushed fast. It’s good for 1A and 5A. In my opinion, it’s one of the most “fun” yoyos out there, while also being a good yoyo for competition.

1 Like

Got a pink one :slight_smile: I wanted 2 but decided to give others a chance… Can’t wait to play it then resell it for $1000

Hard to get excited about this release. The colors, the specs, the shape, just really doesn’t do anything for me. I’ve had the tab open for a couple days now thinking maybe i’ll grab one but just not drawing me in at all. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m sure it’s a great yoyo but nothing about it really inspires me in any way that makes me feel like I need it.

ROFLZ

I got a clear one cause i fell asleep at 10EST to get a pink one… I was also very surprised to see they didnt all go at once. http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=clyw

I think were on a down trend for yoyos… all those kendamas… October and November is when it seems to have been booming the most.

Just came in and after only a few throws I think its really solid.

Its def half chief half bonfire lol.

I can’t wait until mine arrives

So played with it some more and inspected it some more.

The ano kind of sucks lol. I’m guessing this is anodized straight from the cut without any polishing or blasting cause it is really a prototype.

I believe it got a small ding from shipping. Both the box it came in and the shipping box had a small dent. I guess its not feelable but still kind of sucks to see. It also doesn’t seem to have a smooth consistent finish with some spots that look like grouped up pin pricks (maybe ano burns?).

BUT it plays GREAT! Not a super solid feeling throw like a H shape but a bit floaty, fast and easy to pop on the string. Also it is SMOOTH on my finger and on the string.

I purchased it with no thought of it being an investment and am overall happy with it! Just wish it didn’t come with the few flaws that it did.

That sucks that it’s damaged. It’s no fun opening a package and receiving something that isn’t mint. They’re still in stock, maybe you could email Chris about it and get your exchanged for a non-damaged one?

Sorry you received one with flaws. It’s definitely not a prototype and Im sure the steps they take to make all production throws were taken on the Advance Scout. Chris and Steve are great guys and if your throw was not received in mint condition then they will most definitely take care you. Just contact them as soon as you can, that is if you want to swap it for another one. I’ve swapped 2 CLYW’s but it was through YYE but CLYW stand by their product so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting what you deserve.

I’m loving my Advance Scout and the solid blue looks awesome. It plays great and I can’t seem to set it down yet.

Email sent and hopefully they’ll take care of it but I’m fine with it either way cause I did throw it already before inspecting it.

Seriously, it is a fun as hell throw.

1 Like