Classic "Trick Remix" - August 3-2-1 Contact!

This month will be a bit different. Instead of remixing an established classic, I want to see a trick that brings you in direct contact with the yoyo so:

• Palm Grinds

• Finger Grinds

• Thumb Grinds

• Body Grinds

• Finger Spins

• Talon Grinds

• Snap Starts or Pull Starts (As long as they are an integral part of the trick. I’m thinking fixies… :wink:) Pull Start Lawn Mower Yoyo Trick - YouTube

• Anything else you can come up with: bouncing off head, foot, chest, etc…

Put one or more into your new trick to qualify.

Once again this one is open to top tricks. Any new trick where the top comes in contact with your body will count. There are quite a few classics.

Prizes:

• $100 YYE gift card!!!

• Mystery YoYo

• Short Circuit or Trompo Grande for spintop entries.

Submit here in this thread. If you post to IG, please use #yoyoremix

Follow these rules again: Classic Trick Remix Contest (May is Kamikaze) - YouTube

The deadline is August 31st at 11:59 EST

12 Likes

One of my favorite old vids:

Can this be my submission for the month?

You know…even though I’m totally not the one in this video?

haha :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

This is going to be fun! Cant wait to see what every one comes up with.

2 Likes

This criteria is super fun, grinds are my favorite. Time to get in the lab :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hey y’all not the best at grinds threw a couple in the combo.

Not sure if it “counts” but either way it’s fine just want to get this thing cooking again

7 Likes

Cool, count it!

Here’s my entry. This was a Paul Kerbel -esque thing I got awhile back but I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to enter it in here.

5 Likes

Just a reminder to “get in touch” with your yoyos and tops!

1 Like

Here is my entry for the month. Wish I had the time to make it a little cleaner, but I’m swamped with the back to school season. Cool combo so far in the thread though. I really like seeing everyone’s ideas!

6 Likes

Nice I love it. Great job!

2 Likes

Had to post a trick in celebration of cloud9 making it to worlds :tada:

6 Likes

Man, I wish I had already posted mine. When you see it, you’re going to think it came from watching yours! Once again I’ll need @TheThrowingGnome to vouch that he saw me do it (at least part of it) two years ago. :rofl:

It is different, but it has a similar catch to a thumb grind, and also a dunk into a GT.

Anyway, great trick, and thanks for posting!

3 Likes

Sickkkkk come on guys come out and play

2 Likes

I’ll vouch for you @Myk_Myk!

2 Likes

Haha, thanks!

Do you remember the trick? I did it on Jacob’s(?) Snack. It had the crossing arms catch to a thumb grind. I’m trying to add to it for this month’s trick, though.

I thought you might remember because you were trying to do that element.

Yeah guys and gals, at this rate, I’ll have to include JD in the drawing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You have until Tuesday to submit!

I have three more tricks (Lawn Mower is in the OP) in this category, but time is not much in excess for me these days. But I’m going to try my best to get them in.

I still have more ideas, but maybe this thing has run its course? I really thought a lot more people would be excited to participate with such an open-ended format.

If we did do another week, I was thinking Buddha’s Revenge…

But I mean c’mon, $100 YYE GC…!

2 Likes

ok check this behind the back fingergrind out :sunglasses:

8 Likes
6 Likes

3 Likes

I just invented a trick that involves a grind!! I’ll post it as soon as i can

1 Like