Cheap metal competition pair? Sine Saw vs. Strix

I say Sine//Saw. You’ll like it.

I wish I could try both the Sine Saw and Strix first >:(

Strix is strictly awesomesauce. Every time I put it away a lil part of me goes to yoyo heaven. Then that lil part makes like Lazarus when I pick it up again. Truly an out of body experience. :wink:

In all seriousness it plays great!

You’ve won me over. I’m going to get one as soon as possible. Anyone want to buy a FG Avalanche of of me?

Anybody have or tried both the Sine Saw and Strix and can compare the two?

I don’t have the Strix yet. I think I might get this at the Duncan booth at Nationals.

I have never tried a sine//saw, but I tried a Strix at Worlds.

IT IS AMAZING!!! And cheaper than the sine//saw! It is SOOO smooth. Like, crazy smooth. It doesn’t grind well, but with how well it plays, WHO CARES??? Horizontals are great with it (of course with that shape). I will definitely be picking one up eventually. From what I remember, it was floaty.

Nobody seems to have tried both :stuck_out_tongue: was shocked that studio hadnt :o

You guys are putting WAAAAY too many yoyos on my want list. I might have a million of these thread come around my b-day (October)

I’m changing gears and focusing back on pro audio again. However, some recent changes have altered thins some more. Not sure for the better or worse. If it’s for the worse, it won’t be that much worse, just a minor set-back but it will be good in the long run. I think it will be better.

I think Duncan will have a booth at Nationals. Last year, they took good care of me by providing me with the opportunity to purchase the Raptor I wanted, then shocked the heck out of me with the Flipside, and then seduced me with the Barracuda(which I later bought from YYE in March). I gotta have SOMETHING on my wants-list to get at Nationals!!

My wants list is dwindling. That’s OK. I’m happy. Just gotta pace myself. I could go ahead and complete my wants list right this second. I don’t see the need to.

The best options would be,
Duncan Strix
Rec Rev Sine//Saw
C3 Capless
OD Rally
CLYW Yeti
(Heard Rally and Yeti played like metals)

And then even cheaper(if your
considering plastics)
Trigger
Protostar
Alpha Crash
XLR8

Have you tried both the Sine Saw and Strix(PLEASE SAY YES)? Which one’s more stable?

Edit: Was starting to lean towards the Strix but I just found a good deal on the Sine Saw for the same price as the Strix… AHH, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO o.O

They’re both really good. You love the chief iirc, so the sine//saw is probably for you. Really just get whatever looks prettier.

Seeing this, I’m pretty much guessing this.
If you like the chief style more, Sine//saw
If you like the phenom/LunarWind sorta style, Strix.
That’s still a hard choice then.
Geez have fun Andy XD

I Think that if you can’t make up your mind you should get both the Strix and the Sine Saw, but hey thats just my conscious talking.

Just throwing another idea out there:

Duncan Metropolis. It’s got the shape people want for modern play as well as all the important features and is under $50 each.

I’m pretty sure YYE doesn’t sell them anymore.

I also forgot to mention this one, it is amazing, super stable and agile, and xan go pretty fast.

From ym info, Metroplis arent in production anymore.

That’s too bad. They were a fantastic value and great performance. That makes me even more happy I’ve got one. I guess the Strix must be, for lack of a better term, is the new budget friendly high-performance yoyo.