Competition set

-Do you know how to bind the yoyo? (If you don’t know what bind means then you don’t know how)
Yes, I can bind

-Do you have a yoyo that you own or played with that you have liked very much? Describe every detail. Eg. what kind of friction stickers you are using, cleaned bearing or not, and so on.
I really like my Mo-Vitation, Berserker Rx, Speedaholic, and Capless. Something fast and stable

-Do you have a preferred shape of the yoyo? Answer it by saying like the shape similar to this or that yoyo. Some people just hopping into the yoyo groove haven’t tried all the shapes and want to explore. When this happens its all about experimenting. Please try new yoyos at contests or anywhere you can get ahold of someone for those of you in this situation. The more yos you try the less likely you are going to order something you don’t like. for those of you who live in a cave. then buy a yoyo and live with it.
I prefer v-shaped yoyos, not a huge organic or h-shaped fan.

-Do you have a preferred weight or weight distribution? Answer it saying similar to this or that yoyo.
Not sure, everything I have is in on the heavier side

-Do you have a price range?
Might be getting $150 soon so I’m hoping to pick up two or three of the same yoyo

-Do you have a certain amount of yoyos narrowed down? List them.
Capless
Sine Saw
Strix
Mo-Vitation
Shutter
Rally
Anything that’s good and cheap

-Do you prefer a certain brand?
Huge C3 fangirl :D, but I’ll branch out

-Are you looking for a yoyo that specializes a style? Like looping, off string, freehand, etc.
1a, fingerspins are fun

-Do you prefer a certain response syetem?
Not really

-Do you want hubsstacks or z stacks?
Nope, hate them

-What trick are you currently working on?
I’m on expert part 2, can do other tricks not on the list. Recently learned Yomagic’s faux-knee

-Do you want a yoyo to Thumb grind or arm grind good?
Don’t care about arm or thumb grinds, but finger spins would be a nice plus.

I currently have Mo-Vitation, Capless, and Speedaholic. These are really the only things that I could currently double or triple up on. However, I am willing to buy a pair of another yoyo. Looking for something that’s fast, stable, good at horizontal, and has good spin times. Should I just get a second Mo-Vitation?

Almost anything will have good spin times if you have a good throw. If you’re messing around in the Expert 2 level, your throw is fine.

Get a second Movitation. Get 3. I consider a competition set to be at least 4. Just in case, never know!!!

Wish I could afford 3. I might be able to squeeze two.

Any other options?

Yep I agree, get another mo-vitation.

I wanted a mo-vitation too, but it’s been sold out for a while :’(

Get your routines down and say “screw the safety net, I’m going all out, all or nothing!” and buy NOTHING. Go on stage with 1 yoyo and play it cleaner the Lysol factory.

1 Like

Lol love the metaphor? Are those called metaphors? Can’t remember whether if it is or isn’t. It’s not really a a comparison.

Regardless, I’ll just scope the bst for mo’s or buy from overseas

As in cleaner than Lysol Factory are you referring to Jensens 2011 Worlds Final? Now that was clean…

Get a few Shutters or Sine Saws

There were a few mistakes, but it was still amazing to watch, at least for me, via YouTube videos. Overall, I’d say it was clean though.