charles and jensens new throws but why so light!!

ive just seen on yoyonews that Charles and jensen are releasing there 1st throws. its a 3 pack includes 2 wooden and 1 metal but I was surprised to see that the metal is only 60gms, a bit light don’t you think? I personaly like mine around 66gms. anyway I hope they do well. I’m a fan of both.

1 Like

Mine should be here today. If they do show up I’ll give a report.

Where is the states do you live? Mine has been trapped in Chicago since the 11th which probably means it won’t get down to Mississippi for another three days or so.

Mine says in Chicago also, but it says “processed through”, I’m only 45mins north of ORD, so I’m hoping that it hasn’t been scanned and is on the truck today. Canada post tracking still says today as an expected delivery date. So I’m hoping.

Presumably it is so light because it was designed by people who like light yo-yo’s.

1 Like

Even though its light it still plays surprisingly well. Lives up to its namesake.

that wooden with a bearing seems interesting. Wonder how it plays.

Mail has come and gone today, no delivery :frowning:

Wonder why it’s taking so long, it’s been sitting at O’Hare USPS facility since Friday ???

If it’s coming from Canada it could take a few extra days going through customs in the USPS Chicago sort facility, especially this time of the year when they’re so busy.

Yeah, I forgot about the time of year it is :-\

I saw this offer last week. What puzzled me was the grouping of three yo-yo’s into one, mandatory purchase. I had not seen that before.

Why do I have to pay for items I may not want?

1 Like

How do you know you wont want them if you don’t get to try them? :wink:

I actually wanted all of them, but I know others that plan to sell the others they don’t. There were quite a few people that wanted individual yoyos, so I think it’ll be easy for them to resell if they wanted, and get their money back.

I just couldn’t afford the whole pack at once.

60g is “light”, but whether it’s “too light” is a matter of preference. I think it’s absolutely critical (not to mention awesome!) to provide some variety in this marketplace. An absolutely delightful yoyo is the Werrd Pacquiao which weighs in at 49g without hubstacks (ie. by default).

It’s still perfectly playable and fun. 60g is significantly heavier than that, so it would be in-between the Pac and a “normal” yoyo for me… a gap that very few other yoyos fill. Only other one I can think of in that weight range is the Gladiator with no weight rings.

The 60 gram Jr. plays amazingly.

But why is re-selling the one’s I do not want; my problem? That is my point. As a consumer, it seems like I am being told what to buy. That is not the experience I am used to.

They’re just trying to kickstart off their company I think. Eventually you’ll get individual yoyos. For now, just don’t buy them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, too many choices these days…but that’s an entirely different discussion.

Leo Sniper is 58.5 and Yukiko is 61 both amazing playing throws

1 Like

From reading the YoyoNews article, it seems like they are just encouraging people to support jump starting their new company. I don’t think they are trying to get customers to buy extra things that they don’t want, rather they are just asking for your support to help them generate some funds to help out with future projects. In light of that, it seems like they came up with three throws that they thought people would enjoy. And, if they want you to experience them all together, it makes sense to sell them as a bundle. From that standpoint, we’re not being told what to buy, because we could by all, or buy nothing. Actually, if you could choose one of the throws that you think you’d like, it might not be what you expected. So, there are no guarantees that we’d be more satisfied with the option to buy only one.

You might buy three and like three, you might buy three and like two, you might buy three and like one, or buy three and like none. If you look on the bright side, by selling three as a bundle, it seems they are confident that you’ll buy three and like all three. I think it’s a bold move, not necessarily a bad one, but that remains to be seen.

I’m not thinking of trying these at this time. I think it’s bad timing during the holidays with other spending I’ve been doing. I was a bit surprised that these dropped when the company doesn’t have a name yet, and I’m not quite sure about what the direction this company is going. I think I’ll be more prepared for yet another new company in 2016. But, I have to admit that I’m new companied out for 2015.

I’ve personally been waiting for an expensive throw that I really want to buy and this bundle was it for me. I like what Jensen and Chuck bring to the hobby and I really appreciate their humor and freedom. Never too worried about following the pack.

Have wanted a Canvas for a while and I love fixies and nonresponsive alike so the chance to buy three handmade & collectable yoyos from these guys was almost a no-brainer. Now I’ll receive 3 throws that run the gamut. Get a nice fixie, an awesome Canvas Jr., and a wooden nonresponsive (which is something I’ve always been curious about).

I also have the honor knowing that I’ll be supporting two guys who will continue to have fun and make good yoyos whether or not they build a company on the level of CLYW or One Drop.

All of this is to say I am very excited to find this package in the mail.

1 Like