charles and jensens new throws but why so light!!

I never followed either of those guys closely, so it just didn’t get my attention in the same way. In that sense, I thought I wasn’t following the pack either, but I guess it depends on your perspective. I might have more of an open mind to check out their projects in 2016. I wish them the best of luck though.

You are right. That is precisely what I did; or did not do.

I would have bought the Canvas Jr. by itself if I had the chance. How does that support the new Company?

They sold out so I guess it doesn’t matter.

touche.

amazing how the thread devolved so quickly without really addressing the title.

60g isn’t so light when you consider that it’s a small 50mm diameter yoyo. : )

man how are you guys seeing what facility your package is in… mine says it should be expected today but the most recent info on there is that it arrived in a foreign country on the 11th…

either way I cant wait to get the throws. ive got 3 of Jensens fixed throws and they are all awesome. play 10x’s better than my no jives, imo.

To me I was excited to see some throws come out that aren’t just competition oriented spin monsters. don’t get me wrong those are great but sometimes id like to have a throw that is just fun and challenging, you know might not be as stable so it begs to be thrown more precisely

1 Like

Well, the thread title does start w/ “Charles and Jensens new throws…” so I wouldn’t call the preceding conversation a devolution necessarily.

However, my thoughts on the weight/size ratio are that the throw will (hopefully) cause me to play in a different manner than typical which I hope will open up some new ideas.

I believe Chuck said something similar when they announced the bundle.

60g is light in my mind but the yoyo may be fast AND floaty which should translate to fun. And the Canvas design is a good mix of organic shape and friction reduction too.

All in all I appreciate their experimentation with these throws and their method of sale. It was posted on Jensen’s FB page as an insider/early supporter opportunity rather than a big release with a lot of marketing behind it. They only made 48 bundles although I believe more Canvas Jr. were made that have not been sold yet so there will be a chance for those who want to buy the Canvas Jr. on its own.

Also, the Canvas Jr. is 60.5g while the Chief is 64.5g so there isn’t as much of a weight difference as I thought.

However, we all know the difference a few grams can make to a throw so it will be very interesting to try the Canvas Jr. out.

Does anyone remember the spec weight of the original Canvas?

The CLYW site says the original Canvas was 66g. Just put my raw Canvas on a scale and it says 67g

1 Like

Got them this morning. I’m at work, so haven’t had a ton of time to try them out. In the hand, the Junior is light. First throw, the weight isn’t even a concern. Pretty fast (although I’m not a fast player), and real floaty which I really like.

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12391042_1101378836561242_3920082198283907499_n.jpg?oh=84f6f2d0fe6e9dc4b08132c20a2a7c7b&oe=56E278F8

2 Likes