CLYW, called it a day? (They haven't)

Have Chris and Steve called it a day?

3 Likes

Nope, definitely still some things in the works. Good things. Yoyo things.

14 Likes

You trying to cause a mass panic or something?

Haha, Iā€™m glad @YoYoExpertGarrett was so quick to respond.

13 Likes

Yeah, I mean, whereā€™s this coming from?

Seems like a weird thing to throw out there with no other reasoning. makes me want to toss out a TROLOL gif.

5 Likes

I clicked on this post with a sense of panic mate. Phew. No yeah last I heard there were some covid delays. Im waiting for the new orcašŸ˜¬

2 Likes

Word on the street (directly from Steve) is that there a Chief successor in the works.

7 Likes

Owww yeah, so I will have a chance xD

Thatā€™s old news. That was ā€œThe Scoutā€ and ā€œThe Pickaxeā€
BAHAHAHAAAā€¦J/K :crazy_face:

5 Likes

They just dropped a restock of two yo-yos like two months ago lol

4 Likes

Supposedly @unklesteve has a new signature coming called ā€œThe Beaterā€ thatā€™s almost through prototyping. Iā€™m still waiting for the ā€œCouloirā€ to come to fruition and CLYW getting back to their old naming schemes. ā€œMan do you have a new CLYW?ā€ ā€œNo we are out of stockā€ ā€œIt would be a lot Couloir if you didā€

5 Likes

Just sitting here waiting on a wish restockā€¦

2 Likes

Well, since we all know CLYW is alive and well, I got a Caribou lodge related question.
How long have those fools gold Compass been available? Lmao, Got one and the Zine on the way.
I just got back into throwing after a few years, and it used to be a battle to get anything fools gold when they dropped. Did a whole Gray Fade batch get botched in ano?

2 Likes

Weā€™ve been pretty quiet of late but we are far from hanging it up.

Just dropped our first zine in December. Second issue is in the works. Prototyping new return tops for Riccardo, Bird, and me (yay!), plus a new flagship model. Wooden counterweight releasing soon. Restock of Wish and first release of Otter are being photographed now. I have ideas on deck for a half-dozen new models.

Weā€™ve been hit hard with production slow-downs and Iā€™ve been weak at keeping up with social, but weā€™re still alive and well. :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Maybe this was all just a ploy to get a bunch of info from Steve.

If so, mission accomplished.

11 Likes

I donā€™t think they released a grey fade seems like they were fools gold because they never released the fades

1 Like

They were released. That whole batch of Compass just had a lot of anodizing issues for whatever reason.

1 Like

From what I have heard>

Chris and Steve have marked a Calendar exactly 40 years from ā€˜todayā€™ amazingly.

That date will be the day they tentatively consider scheduling a meeting.

At the meeting they will possibly discuss the possibility of potentially considering comparing thoughts on whether to decide they would sit down to seriously field views on what they plan in the distant future, perhapsšŸ¤”

That being said, a logical mind would most likely entertain the probability of CLYW being around for years to come.

2 Likes

Tell me who they are so I can go beat them up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLKxWWNLhZE/?igshid=1k2s2o97hjv5n

4 Likes