ceramic bearing

Hi i need help

Such as?

on ceramic you deff dont want to use and type of fluids cause the bearings will absorb it and act sluggish. ceramics are meant to run dry.

He’s right. I’d suggest getting some compressed air, but the bearing on pen, and blow compressed air into the bearing so that it spins. The should get rid of any dust or debris in the bearing.

Out of the three types of ceramic materials, Si3N4, SiC and ZrO2, used in hybrid ball bearing
exactly witch ones will actually absorb anything?

OH OH PICK ME the answer is none of them

Look here. The man knows of whence he speaks.

http://www.dif-e-yo.com/Tech%20Tips.htm

Can you tell me the company that makes the bearings he sells?

No. You’d have to ask him.

It’s funny when people say things like “ceramics will absorb the lube”.
Ceramics were designed to be chemical resistant. They are even used in acidic operations. Ceramic bearings do not absorb anything.

ive read that in alot of diff places O.o just saying my experience

Your experience or restating someone else’s opinion? I have also found that cleaning or lubing a ceramic bearing too cause no harm. Only positive effects.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, as I may very well be and I’m too lazy to research this.

With ceramics, aren’t they not really “smooth”? As in, being a ceramic material, they are covered with microscopic pits. As such, lube can get into those pits and appear to be absorbed, but in reality are just merely suspended in the pits.

I don’t really get where people are coming up with the concept that the balls in ceramic bearings are porous. Yes, there are different types of ceramics, but most of the ones I am aware of are non-porous. Of course many of us have dealings with ceramics every day(sink, toilet, some tubs), but I know those are coated with a glaze to help ensure a long life as well as provide additional protection.

But, ultimately, I’m going to listen to people like John, who is preparing and then selling bearings under the Terrapin X brand. I would assume he knows what he’s doing. If he’s going to tell me to NOT lube the S/C bearing I have, well, who am I to argue with the guy making them and selling them? He knows WAY better than I do.

I’d also listen to people like Icthus, who based on his line of work, probably knows way more about bearings than perhaps he’d like to know. Then again, I’m assuming. Maybe he knows enough, or maybe he wants to know more. But, as someone who also does mods, I think his knowledge would be valid as well.

I’d also listen to companies like Dif-E-Yo, who SELL bearings. You think they’d also know what they are talking about.

So, someone please bring the deceased equine over on a flatbed trailer so we all can flog it repeatedly with whips, rods and poles. Because at that point, this is where this thread is going to be headed.

I’m agree with studio42, with me, I think listening to the one who sells the ceramic bearing is the best way to protect the bearing because I believe that the seller know exactly what they are talking about.

help with what you dont say i have a ceramic kk and dont put in thin lube or soak it or it is a waste of $30 not much help to us to help you when you say “i need help” i want to scream WITH WHAT sorry that was mean let me restart

what would you need help with?