Casual throwers... Frequency of string changes?

5 or so hours i’d guess. string is cheap and fresh string feels good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have become fond of Zipline string. I have quite a number of yoyos and throw what strikes my fancy. I change them when they start looking old and dirty, maybe before.

2 Likes

I change mine after about 15 minutes of throwing because the string looks frayed at that point. I don’t use anything fancy.

1 Like

Almost 3 yr old string on the daily MMC. Cumulus Foam is high quality stuff!

7 Likes

Love these little ropes…just got some of these and some dragons broken in and it’s not thaaat different but it was the 5% extra gas I’ve been needing for some yo-yos they just stay in a good shape and don’t smoosh at all… I don’t know if I can go back to anything else with the ones they’re best for…so far at least it’s only been like a week tho lol

3 Likes

A day or two for me. I swap strings when I start getting inconsistent binds/slacks despite having neutral string tension because of how frayed a string is.

I.e if I pick out an axle knot, toss the yoyo/snapstart, do a default bind, and immediately get another axle knot.

Mark & Will make some fantastic strings, I like these the most for “serious” throwing but love the laid back feel of zipline strings. Anything feels slow and relaxed compared to Markmont strings though lol.

2 Likes