Capless problem

Okay I have been a lurker for a long time so this is going to be my first post.

I just bought the capless from c3. After playing for a minute or two, it started to get louder(the bearing).

I thought that it was just breaking in put it kept getting louder. It sounded like it was grinding, so I stopped playing and took it apart.

The bearing requires force to move, and it is 5 minutes old.

I contacted c3, but wondering other people’s opinions on what to do moving forward.

Any help is always useful
Thank you!

Okay I have been a lurker for a long time so this is going to be my first post.

I just bought the capless from c3. After playing for a minute or two, it started to get louder(the bearing).

I thought that it was just breaking in put it kept getting louder. It sounded like it was grinding, so I stopped playing and took it apart.

The bearing requires force to move, and it is 5 minutes old.

I contacted c3, but wondering other people’s opinions on what to do moving forward.

Any help is always useful
Thank you!

just put in another bearing if you have one.
you can open up the bearing by removing the sheilds if it has any on it.
at that point you can look into it and see what is blocking the balls or maybe a broken piece.
If you see nothing, then go through a bearing cleaning process and Do what ever you do after you clean a bearing to prep it the way you like it and then see if it works.
If it doesn’t work then I would say you got a broken bearing, they are not super common but it happens from time to time.

Clean the bearing.

Sometimes bearings get dust in them right after you open the box. It’s no big deal, mostly just bad luck. Just clean the bearing and you’ll be fine.

Okay thanks. Crazy how brand new this yoyo is and I have to clean it already

Clean the bearing and then complain.

I am not complaining. I never had this happen to me since the yoyo is this new. Thank you very much for your extremely helpful post.

well i bet you’ll end up cleaning it…

It more has to do with the bearing, rather than the yoyo. Trust me, c3 makes incredible products and don’t skip out on quality.

Really, it’s just bad luck. I got a cascade for Christmas, and on the first throw the bearing started to grind. No big deal, just cleaned it out and now the bearing is just fine.

how do you even clean a bearing? do you go to a yo-yo factory? what about oiling it? and is grinding bad? cause my yo yo does it too a little,

Guide to cleaning your bearing:
How to clean your yoyo bearing

A thread that you should bookmark right now:
List of useful modification and maintenance guides

1 Like

Here’s a link to the video that fought me how to clean bearings. Watch carefully!

Here’s a video from my old YouTube channel showing how to do it.

Hope these help!

Lol, check out the links Jake posted, that’s all the info you will need

Yeah, I fight cleaning bearings every day. :wink:

Do you hear the sirens? The grammar police are coming!