Can't land this trick

Can’t land the split bottom mount because the yoyo keeps hitting my finger and won’t land on string or if I land it on the string it slips onto my finger again. Any tips?

2 Likes

Keep your throw hand index still. Lift the string with your left hand index slowly. Do not imagine the movement as a roll. Just imagine that your are trying to “park” the yoyo around your finger.

Many tutorials online for you.

1 Like

i would add that you will notice with this and other mounts it’s often easier to land it if you manipulate the other string that you are not landing on in such a way that you create a separation between them. for example with the split bottom, use yourthrow hand thumb to push that string a little further to your right (if youre right handed) to move it away from what ur landing on. doesn’t have to be much separation either. yoyos are smaller than they feel sometimes and even a couple millimeters can make all the difference in the world.

my other tip for the split bottom specifically that helped me was, like george said, think of it less like using your throw hand to flip the yoyo but more position your throw hand like this :point_left: and pull up slightly with your non throw hand

keep asking questions if you have trouble. just keep at it, you’ll get it for sure! happy throwing!

With your NTH, use more than one finger to drape the string. This allows you to sort of spread the string out a bit. Start there and then pause…. Concentrate on the next step with your TH index to land the mount.