Can't get the fingerspin cap out of an Auldey Aircut

I got 3 Auldey yoyos recently, and have been highly impressed.

However, one of the yoyos - an Aircut model - comes with a fingerspin cup that clamps into place. The cup is a firm but flexible plastic that gives a bit as you’re pressing it into the side cup of the yoyo and snaps into place.

However, removing it is not so easy ;D I’ve tried suction cups, prying at it with my fingernails…when I tried a knife it started to cut into the edge of the fingerspin cup plastic. Gotta say, the fit is perfect, heh, which leaves very little room for prying it out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Are the caps anything like the ones on the freehand Zero that you can use the axel to pop them out?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no.

I heard you have to either drill or put a pinhole to get it out

Why exactly do you want to take them out?

Because I would like the option to use it with and without.

You may not know, but this yoyo comes with only 1 spin cup, and using it causes an imbalance in the yoyo…except when trying to fingerspin :slight_smile:

It is not supposed to be a permanent fixture, which was what I wanted.

Coming with only one sided anything is weird (except yoyojam hybrids which are awesome imo).
Personally I would just drill it and not using them again, or buy another separate cup if they sell any.

I see this post is quite old, anyway, I had exactly the same problem, I hope you did not break it! The suction cup is the best way, but use one with a metal ring or hook that pass though the rubber, like the one in the picture. You need to try several times, moving the cup left and right, and eventually it will pop out.
suction_cups

2 Likes

Peter, thank you - that’s a great idea! I’ll give that a try today.

Much appreciated!

If it still does not come out, try to put a drop or two of water in the cap, it will increase the suction.
Good luck

Nothing worked…until today!

I hammered a nail through the cup, then inserted a letter opener through the hole and pried - POP! Haha. There are a couple of small gouges where the nail point went into the metal, but they’re not very noticeable at all, and it plays great!

1 Like

Are you trying every day since the 17th of May?:joy:
Btw, to prove my suction cup theory, I put the cup back on the yoyo, and after about 20 minutes of attempts, I made it. They really give a hard time.
I’d really like to talk with the sadistic Auldey designer who made these cups…

1 Like

Haha, no, not every day :stuck_out_tongue:

I did try the suction cup suggestions - I wish they had worked!

1 Like