Can we get a rule clarification

Use the pull down on the selection. They are listed there along with the silicone pads as well.
One page called “Friction Stickers” contains them all.

Std. Sea Level - sorry, it’s a term used to define something that is very standard across the line as in “parts is parts.”

People will do what they wish, if not here, somewhere else, and I agree. But, I think people tend to forget that this site was set up for business, not for any social setting. I think the social aspects of the site are allowed as a courtesy, with rules set up, so that this social dynamic does not negatively impact business. Most stores have no forum at all. I think we all might have ideas and theories about what might negatively impact business (or not). But, YoyoExpert.com is not the site that we built, so our opinion doesn’t really matter anyway. The site is owned and operated by someone who has a personal and business interest in what goes on. It is based on the hard work and promotion of the owners. I think that those who want to discuss things that are not allowed, such as certain companies, religion, and the list goes on, can discuss those things freely in person, on the phone, email, or on some other site where it is allowed.

That rule has been in place for quite some time, and no one is running away from this forum to any other. No one who matters anyway. :wink: There is no better forum, and what makes it as good as it is? The rules in place here. Despite the rules, life and business have gone on at YoyoExpert.

If all else fails, for those who want to discuss yo-yos made by other yo-yo stores (that are not allowed), and if the rule is too confusing, here’s an easy way for them to remember from now on.

“Buy yo-yos here at YoyoExpert, and feel free to discuss the yo-yos you bought here at YoyoExpert.”

We should consider the other discussions allowed a courtesy, and be thankful for those who pay the cost to maintain the platform. I think that public relations is interesting, and your example provides some further insight to that point about why YoyoExpert has a great relationship cross promoting with some stores, and not others. But, I believe they should totally be in control of what is allowed, or not, on their own site. I do believe that sharing the same market might be a consideration in those decisions. Thank you for sharing that.

T.A.

1 Like

Very well said.

Thanks for the clarity on “sea level,” JHB.

T.A., thanks for the articulate response. No response was required, but I appreciate you offering one. It was genuinely offered as food for thought, and nothing more. It wasn’t a call to action by any means, and I have no interest or fantasies of swaying anyone on this or any other issue.

I was just trying to share some food for thought that I experienced elsewhere, and that ultimately led us to even greater success in a market very similar to what I perceive the market for yo-yos to be.

Thank you for the reply.

1 Like