campfire

i was looking at getting a campfire can anyone tell me how it plays and if it is worth getting as a pocket yoyo over something like the POPstar. thanks

It’s not better than a POPStar, just different. It just depends on what you like. I would prefer a Campfire, but that’s just me. Campfires play great and are great for grinds just like the POPStar. Just get what you want.

so for the price range is it worth getting the POPstar instead?

Read x52’s post again. Get which one you would prefer for the price. Neither is better.

1 Like

I play a Campfire and a Popstar as my main throws, The Campfire is bigger, but still plays great, in fact I think the only real difference in playability is the Campfire is a lot more stable coming from a larger throw, the Popstar is pretty unstable until you get used to it, The Popstar plays a lot heavier on the string than the Campfire, both can be played fast. Grinds are amazing on both, The gaps are nice sized and I never get a slippy bind. Both can take silicone, in fact that is the stock for the Campfire. thumbgrinds ARE possible however it is MUCH easier on the Campfire as it has a more defined IRG, both will require a slight tilt to perform a thumbgrind, but that isn’t much of an issue. I hope this clears everything up, Go for what looks better to you and what your wallet can tolerate.

1 Like

The CampFire is my favorite yoyo on Earth. It has a higher level of machining and overall quality even than the FundaMetal range YYF throws, not to mention that it has a bead blast finish. Get it now.

2 Likes