calling all 3a players need help

calling all 3a players need help
im getting into 3a and would like some tips
on how to keep my left yoyo straight it tilts when i throw it
best string to use like is nylon or ploy better is thick or thin string better and what shape of a throw is better like narrow or wide
what specs to look for in looking for a 3a set
also any other how to videos besides the one on yotricks.com

In order to keep your left yoyo straight yoyo need to practice 1a tricks with just your left hand, and when your are comfortable, add back the right hand. The string and throw does not matter as long as you don’t use a draupnir. There are tutorials on yotricks.com on some of the basic 3a tricks. Best of luck!

1 Like

Practice throwing trapezes and brain-twister mounts with your left hand over and over. Do this until you can consistently get the yo-yo to be straight on both throws. Of course you can be practicing 3A in the mean time, but try to do that exercise and you’ll be set. That’s what I do, and it helps.

Once you reach certain point, when your right hand throw the yoyo it doesn’t always go straight, but that’s not a problem because you are so used to it your hands fix the tilt automatically on the go.
With left handed throw the yoyo spins the opposite way, hence it will tilt the opposite way. If you try to control it as if it’s your right handed throw it will tilt further instead.

You basically just have to relearn all the basics with your left hand. remember how you have to keep your yoyo lined up with the string, otherwise it tilts. If the yoyo comes out tilted, you can “untilt” it by going into a trapeze bro mount and adjust the tilt by moving the string held in NTH back and forth.