Cake Strings

New Strings I just dropped! Huge thanks to @twitch77 @MoonageMin @SupernaturalFan1999 @Welsoyoyos @Legit_yoyostrings @anon17117379 @Travelingyoyokid for trying out my string! Another huge thanks to @MarkD for helping me create my rig, and thanks to @Grapes for helping me with my logo! Ill be doing a giveaway/contest soon so stay tuned! here is my IG for more pics/info.

19 Likes

so let me give yall a short review on cake strings, they are soft but still have a lot of whippiness, they hold their tension and they have a very unique feel that I love.

im going to give a longer and more depth review on cake strings in a few weeks

4 Likes

Thanks for the short review! I actually changed the strings a little since the proto making it softer but keeping it dense and durable

2 Likes

Yes! Absolutely agree!

Cake’s strings are legit!
I’ve been really spoiled with strings over the last year. Ziplines, Airetics, Markmonts, Sochi, Kitty…along with some awesome strings spun up by some of the members here on these forums (namely @PCaliyoyos and @lucale).
Cake’s strings are right up there among the best I’ve tried!

I was meaning to have done a review on his strings by now…
Problem I’m having,is I’m still using the first 2 strings of his I’ve tried haha. They’re lasting and performing great! I need more time with them!

@Kyle
I’m trying to throw my money at the screen and am totally ready to make a purchase…but I’m unsure what the difference between the kinds of strings are. Can you give a brief description of the different types please? :smiley:

Competition
EDC
Deluxe

3 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve done my research first! Found the info on your insta page!

Strings are released today!
We have 3 different formulas available. Competition, EDC, and Deluxe.
All of our strings use a blend of polyester and nylon to make the perfect mix of durability and playability.
The competition formula is meant for when you need a string and you dont have time to break it in. A couple of stretches and throws and then it’s good to go!
The EDC formula is meant for your everyday throwing. It is very dense so you can land the whip and slack tricks even in a more windy environment. It will also last a very long time and wont snap on you like a bulk poly string. It comes in 2 thicknesses (normal and fat).
The Deluxe formula is a mix between the Competition formula having the best of both worlds. It breaks in quickly, is very soft, but still is a very durable string. It is still very dense to make it easier to hit your whip and slack tricks. This also comes in 2 thicknesses. Normal and fat.
All strings are sold in a 5 and 10 pack and come in a burlap bag (1st pic). Why burlap? Because it is an easy to sustain crop, and is reusable making it double eco-friendly.
Orders can also be purchased with an optional carabiner for an added 75 cents (2nd pic). Which can hold your strings, or use as a yoyo holster. Orders with less than 10 strings will be shipped out in a normal envelope while strings with more than 10 strings will be send in a bubble mailer.
Shipping is $2 in the U.S.A. and orders with more than $20 worth of items will have free shipping.

4 Likes

Thanks for your review It means alot! im glad ur enjoying your strings!

4 Likes

2 order requests sent in! 10 of the greens and a tester pack of 3 of all the strings :smiley: Can you ship both in 1 order? I should’ve put them in just 1 request but I wasn’t thinking lol

3 Likes

yeah NP!

3 Likes

Also, it’s really awesome that you’re sending these in the little burlap sack! I love that it’s something that can be reused instead of something just to be thrown away!

3 Likes

yeah i rlly love the idea of being eco-friendly (even tho it costs a little more) Im still figuring out how to make the bubble mailers be protective and eco friendly (its proving to be quite a challenge)

3 Likes

Recycled padded mailers

4 Likes

I don’t know what it is about it, but the color in the top photo is calling my name. Same with the 4th photo.

I still have a large supply of YYJ yellow string and white slick 6 from way back that I’ve been using but I might just have to give some of this a try and see how it compares.

4 Likes

I still haven’t got mine lol

2 Likes

@Kyle i have been trying to make a good rig for strings could i see a picture of it for ispo?

3 Likes

Darn hopefully they come soon!

2 Likes

Pow

7 Likes

wow thanks that is awesome :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! hand spinning them can prove to be quite a tedious task

2 Likes

Very nice! Makes me want to build a rig like yours and start spinning strings again.

Do you use a drill or dremel? Or do you actually spin them by hand? I can’t imagine how long it would take twisting them manually.

2 Likes

i spin them by hand with a set of gears. even more eco-friendly go big or go home!

2 Likes