Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

welcome to Solutions April! resident boomer, cool guy, and graphic designer @rkalajian sent some stuff for review! as a late april fools joke, i started with the worst string first :stuck_out_tongue:

Throw-Yo SOLUTIONS Rope || F- (17/100)

This string is for “unmodded responsive play”, and the only thing it can do is make a yoyo go up and down. If you’re able to do a sleeper with this, you have a talent that i don’t. It makes the yoyo go up and down and that is IT. Binding it was terrible, the string was so thick it would just rub against the response pads and kill the spin time. The gap on the Monarch is 4.5mm, and i bet this string is about 4 mm. The only redeeming quality was the open slacks (for old school stuff like trapeze slacks and suicides because that’s the only thing I can DO), which had a nice speed to it if you ignored everything else. Whips were insanely fast, maybe the most so far. Please never make me do this again. I can’t get through this review. Get a responsive player to do this, please. This is awful. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (n/a)
Durability 1 hr (n/a)
Personal Thickness Feel (0) i wish i could give negative points.
Whip Feel Break-In (2) WHIPPY. AAAA
Whip Feel 1 hr (n/a)
Slack Feel Break-In (3.5) not bad??
Slack Feel 1 hr (n/a)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (n/a)
Softness during break-in (3) plush
Overall consistency over 1 hour (n/a)
Total: 7.5 x 2 = 15, 15 = F-, graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

9 Likes