Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

string saturday!! feel free to have a conversation about what string y’all have been using, your next plans for string, and how wrong i am about this next review

Sochi x Zipline AlphaLine || B+ (88/100)

I used the psycho sunbird color, and oh my lord, amazing feel right out of the box. Thickness felt amazing, slacks and whips felt amazing, and I was fully sure this would be my favorite poly string. Every part of this string in the first 20 minutes was amazing, and I really couldn’t put it down. Even after the hour, the string was still playing very well. However, the comfort level dropped faster than I expected. The tension got pretty bad pretty fast, and I feel that if i played with it for like 30 more minutes, tension hold would be almost unmanageable. This string loses quality fast, and I would definetly recommend changing it out when you start noticing it. If you don’t notice it though, there’s no reason to stop using it. Besides that, I would love it just a hair less thick feeling, simply for a different preferable feel than the thickness. If you love the kinda thicc, this is your kind of pick (i made it rhyme hehe).
Anyways, amazing quality. DEFINITELY picking up another pack eventually. I’m personally disappointed that this made B+ instead of A-, but rules are rules. If I ever compete, this string be my pick. Stats below.

Durability 30 min (3.5) pink dye, maybe add .5/1 pt to compensate? no clue
Durability 1 hr (4) !!
Personal Thickness Feel (5) monarch sweep
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5) feels a bit heavier for some reason
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5) amazing weight and feel
Slack Feel 1 hr (4.5) weight still shining
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3) super annoying, even with constant tension fixing. still not as bad as other strings. playing w mainly nylon blends could add bias to this
Softness during break-in (4.5) doesn’t get much better, but does get worse eventually :frowning:
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4.5) YES
Total: 44 x 2, = 88, 88 = B+ graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

thanks for reading (・ω<)☆

12 Likes