Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

That time of the week! I’ll guaranteed do a string review every weekend, but i’ll add bonus ones when i have the time. Here’s #2/3 on the A&A list!

A&A Yoyo String Formula V || B (84/100)

This string feels good on the hand, but right off the bat it is REALLY thin, or at least feels thin due to incredibly slippy binds on my Monarch. I put it on my 4.1 gap Orca and that made it “good string”. No immediate faults, and it does everything well! The main issue I found is how inconsistent it felt, which surprised me since I felt I was doing everything correctly. Everything else is solid though, you just kind of don’t know where the solidness will land. I would really only recommend this on too snappy yo-yos for casual throwing, nothing else. There are better strings for competition out there, and there are better strings for thickness feel. If you feel like treating yourself, this is great boutique string for laid back sessions! When these hit big box retailers, i’ll definetly be picking up these two past string. Here are the rankings as always.

Durability 30 min (4) frays
Durability 1 hr (5) stayed!
Personal Thickness Feel (3) gotta put some ■■■■■■■■ low rpm binds, really shows with laceration binds. used orca 4.1 mm
Whip Feel Break-In (4.5) could be pushed
Whip Feel 1 hr (4) a bit sloppy, probably on me
Slack Feel Break-In (5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4) had some moments
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (5) great, high quality
Softness during break-in (4.5) feels great
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3)

Total: 42 x 2 = 84, 84 = B graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

If you’ve tried this string, what do you think? Any feedback or suggestions for me and my grading is always appreciated, I talked to resident cool guy @EOS44 about grading and the influence of reviews, so just a reminder to look at my disclaimer on the main post: This is not fact, it is only my opinion after 60 minutes of play time. I am not a professional, but I am always improving in my review process and skill level to gain a deeper understanding for how strings affect play.

Besides that, have a great day yall :saluting_face::heart_hands:

12 Likes