Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Surprise review!

YoYoStringLab Nytro+ || A- (93/100)
Nytro+

Once again, this has to be the softest string i’ve ever used. It felt a lot like Nytro (obviously), but there were different quirks due to the thickness. It felt a little snaggy on the 4.5 gap, so I put it on my Pragma (probably around 4.6 since it’s the 7075) and it’s very close to perfection. Never made a frat in the string the whole time, so i’ll be using this string for perfect score references for durability!
Whips and slacks right out of the pack felt amazing, zippy, and solid. It would have been perfect scores all across the board if it wasn’t for the thick tension mix that happens during slacks and whips if you don’t adjust tension often. For a string this price, I think it’s safe to want better tension holding. Even with that problem, every other factor was near perfection. The string isn’t perfect, but it’s damn close, so go pick some up! Stats are below.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (4)
Whip Feel Break-In (5) fast, light. thickness helps a lot
Whip Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4.5)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5)
Softness during break-in (5)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (5)

Total: 0-50 x 2, 93, 93 = A- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

News for y’all, tons of string came in from my end thanks to the wonderful people at @IMArocketman ‘s A&A string and the wonderful individual @Captrogers. Reviews are pretty stacked for the foreseeable future, so recommendations will get priority to help out as many as possible. Thanks for reading! :heart_hands:

13 Likes