Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

alright, first String Sunday!! hopefully one review a week is enough, so start looking forward to them! this is another yysl string I had, and it is definitely interesting.

YoYoStringLab Ammo || B- (80/100)
Yo-Yo String Lab AMMO

First thoughts when i got it was how much it felt like type x, with just a tad more softness to it (so normal stock string). The next one was how thick it felt, but i realized I put it on my 4.4 gap arcade, so i swapped it out for the 4.58 pragma. Binds were surprisingly slippy after that. I did not expect that much of a difference, so if anyone knows if pragmas have a slip issue tell me so i can adjust the thickness points. In one whole hour of play, i made absolutely no dent in it. 100% polyester should not be this sturdy, but thank goodness it is. Whips and slacks felt amazing, the string just obeys you. However, the tension holding got worse quickly, and slacks and whips became harder due to the tension buildup. You can disregard this if you don’t care about having to fully adjust tension every 30 or 40 seconds, but I do. Consistency with slacks and whips were amazing though, it was just the tension that got in the way (unlike plutonium, which had a weird thick tension feel).
Realistically, this is probably going to be the lowest ranked yysl string. Just wasn’t my style, and had more issues than I expected. If pros use it though, who am I to say what fact it? Go try it for yourself, let me know what y’all think.

Durability 30 min (5)
Durability 1 hr (5)
Personal Thickness Feel (3)
Whip Feel Break-In (5)
Whip Feel 1 hr (3.5)
Slack Feel Break-In (4.5)
Slack Feel 1 hr (4)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3)
Softness during break-in (3)
Overall consistency over 1 hour (4)
Total: 40 x 2, = 80, 80 = B- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

As always, comments and questions are encouraged! After that USA thread, I’ve seen what y’all are capable of lol. Have a good rest of your weekend yall :saluting_face:

9 Likes