Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

Mid-week review! Thought I’d prioritize this, since maybe Zipline can see it and I can give feedback on this string that came with my Alphaline pack. If you all have recently gotten any Zipline string, this is probably it.

Zipline Prototype || B- (81/100)

It’s soft! And thick! It feels really good moving through the air, plus the whips are fine enough. It doesn’t feel solid, but it has the thickness feel of Kitty Fat if i’m remembering correctly. Right off the bat, this is what Slackies wants to be. This is a better slackies. It looks like a nylon blend, and it can’t be more than 50%. It has some of that whippiness of nylon, but it manages to stay controlled with it. The same is with the slacks, where the slacking capability isn’t as wiggly. The durability kind of surprised me, since it looked normally frayed an inch above the yoyo, which i don’t expect of nylon or even nylon blends. The stretchiness also was a little gone, but it still did the job insanely well. The thickness was also pretty good. Some throws took a bit of string to bind but it always came back solid, which some people are a fan of. Tension hold is also just a bit above an average bulk poly string, like string that was made by people that don’t specialize in it. It was an overall good string, so it gets an overall good rating! Stats below

Durability 30 min (3) surprisingly frayed
Durability 1 hr (4)
Personal Thickness Feel (4) feels full
Whip Feel Break-In (4.5) WHOA
Whip Feel 1 hr (4) whippy!! just a smidge of a weird speed though
Slack Feel Break-In (5) WHOOOA
Slack Feel 1 hr (4.5) GOOD
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (3.5) good enough
Softness during break-in (4.5) yeah!
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3.5) weird binds, good enough :slight_smile:
Total: 40.5 x 2 = 81, 81 = B- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

I hope they release this, depending on the price I’d definitely pick some up. I 100% recommend giving this a shot. That’s it, have a good one :3

(Edit, i’m not going to rank this since it’s not really a full release. Also, check out the main thread! There’s now a link to every single review so far so you don’t have to go searching. Hope you all like it :))

13 Likes