Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

saturday! review! yeah!

Monkeyfinger Vines Phat || B- (80/100)
Monkeyfinger Vines String

I got the extra long if that matters, but i doubt it. It was super stretchy when I cut it, which was interesting. Anyways, i feel like it’s almost too good to the point it’s kinda boring. it does everything well, but not amazing. i might use this string as a basis for every other string, this honestly just seems like an average workable (not great) poly string. it also helps my point that this is a straight 80, which wasn’t on purpose but it’s a pleasant surprise. no personality in my opinion, but it’s great for hitting tricks. reminded me of a worse plutonium though. same plutonium issue of the tension winding in midair even with neutral tension. even if the tension wasn’t neutral, it would still twist. combined with the thickness, it makes a gross soup that messes up my play. all of that was making things a bit harder than i expected but it wasn’t anything to ■■■■ my britches about. personally, i’d just buy plutonium unless I didn’t want to spend the extra money, but for the quality jump I probably would. Stats below!

Durability 30 min (4) looks great, bit of stretch gone
Durability 1 hr (4) same rate
Personal Thickness Feel (4) no major complaints, would like it a bit thinner and it did snag a bit
Whip Feel Break-In (5) WOW
Whip Feel 1 hr (4) flails around a bit more
Slack Feel Break-In (4) sick, weirdly light and heavy at the same time and it’s not my taste. hard to describe
Slack Feel 1 hr (4) gets the job done :muscle:
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (4) way better than i expected
Softness during break-in (3.5) gud
Overall consistency over 1 hour (3.5) gud
Total: 40 x 2 = 80, 80 = B- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

If you all ever need any clarifying info for your own use (on any review at all), feel free to ask and i’ll try to answer to the best of my ability. I am very sleepy since black friday messed up my sleep schedule, plus I need to write scholarship essays. no fun. that’s it!

16 Likes