Cake’s String Reviews (String Saturday)

random review time just so I get this out of the way, worst review yet. So bad. This is so bad I just couldn’t do the full hour so I replaced the time-based measurements with “N/A”. I did what I could. Maybe I’ll put it in a pay it forward for some poor soul to try.

Snakebite Super Fat || F- (19/100)

Someone braver than me can review this better, but this is so thick and disgusting i’m surprised this is still being sold. please never get this. I’d much rather buy random stock string than whatever this is because at least the stock string is usable. Disgusting. Only use this on like a 6mm gap or maybe to tie down something with. There’s some level of redemption in the softness and slack feel, but it’s all hindered by just how thick this is. I don’t even know if this is the super fat kind, but it’s what i can find. Please never use this. Just get cheaper and better string. “Stats” below.

Durability 30 min (n/a)
Durability 1 hr (n/a)
Personal Thickness Feel (0) literal, non-metaphorical rope
Whip Feel Break-In (2) thickness moment
Whip Feel 1 hr (n/a)
Slack Feel Break-In (3.5) not bad?
Slack Feel 1 hr (n/a)
Tension Hold over 1 hour overall (n/a)
Softness during break-in (4) bit too soft
Overall consistency over 1 hour (n/a)
Total: 9.5 x 2 = 18, 18 = F- graded based on letter system (A: 100-90, B: 89-80, C: 79-70, D: 69-60, F: 60<)

in better news, i just got a HUGE donation of string, and I just want to say thank you so so so much. I’m so happy this stupid project of mine makes so many of you happy to the point where you’d spend money for the continuation of it. I’m very happy to provide this service to you guys, and seeing it genuinely help and inform others gives me an amazing feeling. Thank you to the donators, commenters, likers, and lurkers. So much :333
ok that’s it, happy monday

14 Likes