Cadence and Cadence ES fragility?

It was really cringe inducing to hear the sounds of that yo-yo intentionally slamming into concrete on multiple throws though. I recommend everyone try it at some point; it’s kind of liberating.

3 Likes

Yeah, one thing about SF yo-yos from what I hear is that they go from super smooth to vibey real quick

Skip to 2:40 into the video https://youtu.be/mXVHbtW2qys

Ummm, so have you replaced the axle yet??? :no_mouth:

That would be my bet.

2 Likes

the bliss is much more prone to be vibey when dinged. The cadence is one of the less fragile SFs in terms of my experience. It shouldn’t be too bad unless its on the verge to being unplayable.

I’m just gonna leave them vibey and use them like that for now. I might grab new axles in the future

1 Like

Did you try swapping axles with another pristine yo-yo though? Just to test?

I think he should do it. A pulse vibe is not normal with a ding.

1 Like

Oooo good idea, I’ll try that in a bit and report back

Yeah I’m interested what will happen as well, for science. Dings definitely usually don’t cause any vibe. I’ve dinged hundreds of yoyos, and it’s only happened to 5 or 6, so if it’s the axle that’ll be a pretty cool find.

2 Likes

Yeah. It will take a few minutes and it is free. You might find out that the yoyo itself is ok

If you haven’t played offstring catch in a yo-yo contest parking lot with a yo-yo you no longer care for until it’s demolished, you haven’t lived.

@codinghorror @SirDarverok

I took the axle out of a dead smooth ES I got yesterday, and I can confirm that it’s not the axle causing the vibe.

Too bad, would have been great if all it needed was a new axle.

It’s not a big deal though, I actually don’t mind the vibe too much right now

2 Likes

Wow I’m sorry about that. Probably you have slighltly deformed the body or the bearing seat.

I’m assuming it has something to do with the bearing seat, since it hit pretty hard. Thanks though man, I’m not too worried about it.

1 Like

You could try a more snug bearing

According to the boys in the discord a kk is more snug than a ct

1 Like