C3 Speedaholic review:UPDATE

This or protostar or surge? ???

That depends on your preference, but this would be the cheapest of the three.

But which would play better? The Surge or this?

Preference?

UPDATE:
THE SPEEDAHOLIC WILL WOBBLE IF USED WITH BEARINGS OTHER THAN THE BEARING IT CAME WITH. SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY THIS.

I have tested it with YYF SPEC, Terrapin X and CT bearings, all which it wobbles when used. Will pop a KK in and see how it works later.

I have used three different bearings all have worked fine. The stock bearing, a KK and a concave 10 Ball. No issues at all. You also want to make sure you line up the halves properly.

1 Like

Really? I own 3, and all wobble like mad when I use any bearing other than the original one. I even brought it back to the store, and Mimi told me it could not be used with other bearings. Will try again later, thanks for the verification.

Further testing has been done. I managed to decrease the wobble to a visible vibrating pulse with the CT and Terrapin X. As mgiroux said, KKs work perfectly fine with the speedaholic. Can anyone else help me verify the issue or test other bearings? Thanks.

On the sticker that is on the rims between the C3 yoyodesign and Hong Kong there is a triangle. You need to line both sides up for optimal performance. I messed around with mine as well and it plays best this way. Good luck!!

1 Like

Will do, thanks a lot for the help.

In regards to the vibe, I’m quite sure it will wobble with any bearing you but in it unless you fully tighten it. Bearings can influence vibe to a small degree, but the wobble in the Speedaholic is probably due to its not being tight enough. Just experiment with different degrees of tightness until you find the sweet spot.

I have tested it with various settings and tightness, but to no avail. I do know what I am doing with the testing, but there is still visible pulse vibe with the CT/SPEC/Terrapin X. Thanks for your input.

Mine vibes a ton only if I tighten it down hard.

If I lightly tighten it, it’s fine…

Mine’s the complete opposite XD
It’s got more wobble than the Midnight Request Line unless it’s fully tightened to the max.

I have three, two which vibes less when I tighten it full and one which is the opposite of the former.

Mine was loud at first then out of no where it was crazy loud like increadibly loud even compared to how it used to be. Any luck taking off the sheilds I think I need to clean the bearing

The shield was relatively easy to deshield, I’ve deshielded all 3 Speedaholics without any issues.

mine also got EXTREMELY LOUD after doing a gyro flop… threw it like 5 more times and it “clicked” to quiet once again… it’s done this like 2 or 3 times now where it gets extremely loud through play then just quiets itself down

mine didn’t have any string chase whatsoever when it got loud so i figured why bother cleaning it, it just sorted itself out in the long run anyways

I picked up a blue one at GA states and put a spec x ct bearing in it and it works great and I actually find it a lot more quiet than some other plastics like the og one and the northstar. It was a bit noisy out of the box but still not as noisy as some changing the bearing seemed to help but any cleaned and lightly lubed 10 ball flat or spec x ct will probably be your best bet for quiet bearings. As far as the play it is seriously amazing. I was very impressed with the range of tricks this thing can handle for under $15

So a CTX bearing works fine huh…I agree with you on the play too, it is awesome. Thanks for the input =)