C3 5a throws

I was wondering which of these c3 yo-yos I should get for 5a. I am currently using a digamma crash which I love and before I use the Trion crash which was meh. I have considered the hydrogen crash, Krown.st, progressiver, Samothrace. If these don’t sound good, I would be open to more suggestions. Thank you in advance

You should consider the Windoundary! It was designed with 5a in mind for the Chinese National 5A champion and is absolutely a 5a beast of a yoyo at a very affordable price :slight_smile:

5̴̛̅̀̈́̒͂̚͜A̴̧̙̬͕̠̹̬̪̮̿̍͊̒͗͋̉̃̂͐̃͜

2 Likes

What about Vanitas? It’s soooo pretty and I love vshapes, also wide. (I have been practicing my efans so I am able to do them with wider yo-yos) Vanitas or Galaxy diver or krown wst I think would be good. G can I get your opinion on these?

1 Like

Just looked at all the C3 throws. The only ones i saw that met my personal 5a requirements are the Radius 7068, Radius ti, Speedaholic and the Stella IX. I have the soeedaholic snd Stella, stella is something special for sure. Lol speedaholic can get down, never tried the radius but the shape looks nice and of course… 7068.

Can you share (or link to where you’ve shared) your 5A yoyo reqs? I’ve heard yoyos that are good for 1A or 3A work fine for 5A as well (bimetals being the less durable option, of course), but I’d like to know what someone who’s spent a lot of time in 5A looks for in a yoyo.

Wide, (~50mm) stable (~56-57mm diameter) heavy ((~67g)

1 Like

5a is my main style and for me, durability is number one. So materials is important to me, 7075/7068 mono metals, stainless steel, titanium, delrin are in. (Plastic is in too) hybrids, bi metals, 6061 i won’t even consider throwing for 5a anymore.

As for playability. tight binds and stability is what i look for. Organic D bearings throws are my favorite. 50-52mm.

Today’s standard 5a throws seems to be a V shape, 55mm. It’s not for me personally. My personal tastes in a 5a yoyo are flawed because to me, yoyo = 5a, so i play what i like, not what is ideal for 5a technically.

Oh but to add, yes, yoyos that are good for 1a/3a are also good for 5a. Though, bi metals for 1a/ 3a are amazing. Couple 3a clanks here and there wont hurt anything. But it’s only a matter of time before those rings shifts while throwing 5a. (I have a 100% success rate of ruining perfect bi metals that are now a wobbly mess left to sit on the shelf)

1 Like

Thanks! Care to share what organics you like? I like tight binds and organics. Just so happens I’m in the market for an organic too, and D bearings have intrugued me since I discovered them. I’d love to try a SS Koi, but that’s well above my budget, haha.

The SS koi is a RIPPER. My friend has one and i can confirm the binds are snappy. Very solid choice the koi is, when you can afford it.

Here’s a list of organic D’s i either have, or have played alot (aka, my friend has) and love alot.

Dunk Rebound (GOAT 5a throw)
Malivore
50/50
Assassin
Dink
GnomeTrooper
Alchemik Tyrant

1 Like

I know you’ll probably heed the advice of the big professional 5a player, but I thought my opinions are also worth mentioning. 5a is feast or famine in terms of types of viable throws. At one end you’ve got tiny little narrow throws like the hinemosu or the acanthus, and then you’ve got your huge wide throws like the atlas or stellar ix. I prefer wider, but some people say narrower yo-yos help with efans and tight sort of techie tricks so you don’t smash the cw and yo-yo together or accidentally remount the yo-yo on the string. As for my specific tastes, I will list them now.
Width: 48-55mms
Diameter: 55-58mms
Weight:63-67gs
Shape: v or u/crash
Some throws I’ve liked in the past include atlas, stellar ix, iq, contrail (modded for 5a) yyf flight (modded for 5a) and they’re a liiiiiiittle too narrow for me but I also like the digamma crash and Trion crash. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m always down to hear another perspective on a subject. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Change Hongye currently uses the Galaxy Dinosaur and based on what you just listed, the Ambition also meets what you want. Which is Jihoo’s new sig.

I want a Samothrace. For what I like out of a 5A yoyo, the Samothrace looks amazing to me.

You can copy the players you wanna imitate down to their yoyo choice, or you can just form your own preferences. Either method is just as valid. If you wanna use a Vanitas then just use a Vanitas, what works best for others isn’t always gonna be what works best for you.

Galaxy diver is a good choice for 5a and is my personal go-to. Vanitas should work, just expect it to react a bit strangely around heavier counterweights due to how light it is. I haven’t tried either of the ones I’m about to mention but the Stellar IX won a 5a world title and the Ambition is a sognature of a 5a player who is also a prodigy so you sould probably check those ones out too.

That also being said C3 is easily my favorite yoyo brand and it is sincerely hard to go wrong with them once you know what you’re looking for. The worst they have ever done is produce a normally good yoyo a couple of times but on average they drop nothing but heat.

TLDR: Galaxy Diver best option for 5a from what I have tried by a mile, Vanitas would work too tho; also check out Stellar IX and Ambition.

i am planning to get a dino for my birthday coming up, can’t wait! it looks so cool.

1 Like