Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

Itā€™s a manufacturing code that likely indicates when and where it was made. But reading it seems to be internal to Duncan.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t just leave them stockā€¦

25 Likes

I had to resist the urge to order the unknowns but I really wanted to do that. I talked myself out of it because I donā€™t have mod experience , and I donā€™t know what the ā€œUnknownā€ thing is about. I think I might have to make a second order come pay day :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I also grabbed an extra GID and Unknown to do a cap swap on, still waiting on delivery but this makes me feel justified in my choices.

3 Likes

Mine show up Friday morning im excited

1 Like

Honestly with the glows and the unknowns I kind of want to sell my whole collection, buy 25 of each, and just fill an FD50 with them checkerboard style and be the next @Jerrodā€¦

14 Likes

I found some old glow in the dark G-String from 2013 with my old collection a few months ago, and refound it a couple days ago. Itā€™s honestly kinda not great string, unusable in a modern unresponsive, but acceptable for goofin off with a butterfly. Glow lasts about 10 min with 1 min of good brightness with a good charge. 3/10 for novelty. Glad I can use it with this special butterfly!!

Photo taken in a pitch black room, no edits, just after charge with a black flashlight.

15 Likes

So I just received another Glow and Unknown in the mail, addressed to Berv Throwington. Which one of you did this?

Thank you so much. Now I can play them!

11 Likes

thatā€™s so awesome! ppl in this community are the gold standards of generosity

4 Likes

ok which boutique string maker is gonna make a 50 pack of GID strings for me? these look so awesome.

7 Likes

I would love a GitD Fat Kitty!!

1 Like

I had bought some GiD pink thread to work with, but I think I got a bum batch. I can never get it to glow!

2 Likes

Some Throw Yo butterfly specific string would be pretty cool. Not so much colors, but more so for dialed butterfly response performance.

2 Likes

So poly or poly cotton blend?

1 Like

Maybe a poly/cotton with the correct string wind and thickness.

Iā€™ll have to get some cotton thread!

(EDIT: Cotton thread is on the way)

Would yā€™all like to see spun poly/cotton or trilobal poly/cotton?

How thick?

How tight of a wind?

2 Likes
2 Likes

11 Likes

Normal 6cp or fat 8cp

Iā€™m not sure between spun and trilobal but my gut says spun based on rope.

I would say v2 wind is pretty good maybe a tad less.

Let me know if Iā€™m talking out my rear on all that lol

1 Like