Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

Once the cotton comes in Iā€™ll try spun poly/cotton, 8cP, v2 wind but not as tight.

How are those Butterflys playing?

Ah! It was you!

Iā€™m actually throwing the Unknown right now :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

so my biggest problem atm with my butterfly play is the wind interestingly enough. none of my normal methods works well when im on a fixie. whatā€™s yallā€™s prefered dead starts for butterflies?

Kick start that unknown. Concrete is the best surface. :wink:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Snap start or engineer start.

3 Likes

This is the way. You can get it to wind up all the way with enough practice on snap starts.

2 Likes

this is how i start my confusion i just cant get it on the butterfly

1 Like

With engineers wind, I usually have to do a regen to get it to wind all the way up. Itā€™s not impossible without the regen but much easier.

2 Likes

So it definitely looks awesome! Can be done!
Hot tip though, for those who have never removed the caps on a standard Butterfly before, donā€™t try and jimmy them out with a thin blade like I did. Theyā€™re in there pretty good, haha.

Little dinged up on one side of the glow body and cap, but still love them. Hand-twist them apart, groove plier the axle out, then punch the caps out from the inside. Much less destructive, and still didnā€™t need to glue the axles back in place.

18 Likes

For science, you monster.

4 Likes

@Splizacular this^^. I usually engineer wind into a full makin da zines.

4 Likes

yea my engineers are lazy and they dont wind shtuff. Iā€™ll keep practicing tho if that is the way

Saw @edhaponik snap start into a trapeze stall. Thatā€™s what I go for. With or without landing it, regen is next.

2 Likes

What string works best for a butterfly? I snapped the stock string in an hourā€¦

(By best I meanā€¦ not going to snap in an hour. Lol)

2 Likes

Oh no. I mightā€™ve sent you a string cutter. Every once in awhile a butterfly will do that. Try one of the pink strings I sent you. If it cuts that one in an hour, let me know and Iā€™ll send a different butterfly.

Sorry dude. String cutters are no fun. The stock sting is pretty weak though so hopefully the Sochi will last a little longer.

Also be aware, these things arenā€™t for long sleeps. If youā€™re just seeing how long you can get it to spin, itā€™s going to go through strings relatively quickly. I found this out by doing around the world over and over until my yoyo went flying :joy:

3 Likes

I play Kitty Normal and OTS Slim or Normal on Butterflies.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try it out. Iā€™ll let you know tomorrow!

1 Like

So, the Sochi has been going for about an hour and 45 minutes. It hasnā€™t snapped off yet, but itā€™s getting pretty frayed. Iā€™ll try to get some pics when the sun comes up.

2 Likes