Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

Thatā€™s pretty good honestly. Iā€™d say I probably get 2-3 hours of play on 1 string with my butterfly.

The more you play it, too, the more it will wear down the starburst and stop cutting strings. Sounds like you almost got it there.

Do you have more back up strings? Or is what I sent you all the back up you have?

2 Likes

I have 9 replacement strings. But they belong to not just me. But all 6 yoyoers in this house. Haha

Oh. And the ones you gave me too! Forgot to count those.

1 Like

Oh dang.

You guys need some strings!

Iā€™ll have to look around and see what I got. It may not all be the best string in the world but itā€™s better than broken string lol.

Iā€™ll let you know what I find when I get some time to look.

1 Like

Youā€™re a treasure, Seth!

2 Likes

PM me your address. Iā€™ll send you some thatā€™ll last!

3 Likes

OT normal has been working awesome for me! Get good sleep times with it and is decently responsive

1 Like

Use a paracord to separate the halves next time! The mod thread has a good walk thru

4 Likes

Tbh the glow feels a little lighter/ less substantive in the hand and on throws, compared to an older red translucent, but I love it!! Itā€™s fun to toss around and the glow lasts a good long while

1 Like

PMā€™d

Wowza. I think you sent me a gem of a butterfly. Iā€™m up to about 2 hours 15 minutes. And the string hasnā€™t snapped!

As you can see here, itā€™s hanging on by a thread -slaps knee-, but mind you, I havenā€™t broken the starbursts in yet.

3 Likes

Noice!

I recommended changing before it snaps, if you can. Butterflies can survive a lot for what they are but, in my experience, they only survive flying off the string maybe once or twice, depending where youā€™re playing :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a lot of success gluing butterflies back up and having them play almost the same. They usually get louder and lose some spin time.

1 Like

Good olā€™ frankenfly! :laughing:

Thatā€™s a good point. I just keep back up butterflies so it never crossed my mind.

Luckily I havenā€™t broken any of my special butterflies yet :fist: :wood: I will probably try that if I break my glow or maniax.

wait wait wait, ur butterfly has spin time?! Iā€™m def doing this fixie thing wrong :thinking::rofl:

6 Likes

I did this. And I lost the piece :sob:

1 Like

I can inconsistently complete Split the Atom with a loop out, so, kinda?

4 Likes

I can inconsistently hit kwijibo every now and then, so, sometimes?

2 Likes

yea see Iā€™ve also seen @Jerrod do superman on a butterfly. really gives me mixed feelings. i both admire and hate you all at the same time. maybe itā€™s just trick envy. itā€™s not how long your trick is, itā€™s how good you make it look!!.. wait :thinking:

4 Likes

I cannot do this at all. I know I have keep the string slack free but cannot actually conceive of how to do that.

2 Likes

This has been said somewhere before @snoopy but if you find that the butterfly cuts string you can smooth out the axle with denim.

I usually wedge my back pocket in the gap and spin it for a couple of minutes and that usually solves the string cutter woes!

4 Likes