Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

I appreciate it! But I think I was given a GrailFly or something, itā€™s had the same string for 2 hours 45 minutes of use, and I havenā€™t even broken in the starbursts yet. Haha

2 Likes

I learned it on a freehand one first. The weight and shape made it much easier than any other responsive yoyo I tried. Once I got decent on the freehand 1, I started to be able to do it on other responsives.

I cannot, however, split the atom on anything but unresponsive :sweat_smile:

Maybe I should try. Right before I stopped throwing in the 90s, it seemed that was the hardest trick you could possibly learn. I never could figure it out as a kid. Then, when I got back into it as an adult, I blew right passed it, like it never even mattered. I gotta fix that. Iā€™m not sure I could even do it on an unresponsive without a little tutorial refresher :joy:

3 Likes

Spilt the atom is the one trick I try out on a fixie to see how long it spins

2 Likes

A glow butterfly was one of my wants for colourways, so mission accomplished! I love it, it plays great. Havenā€™t weighed it yet, but I think itā€™s heavier? I really like the way the glow plastic Duncans feel.

14 Likes

My GID is 52 grams, most Contemporary Flys are around 48g. Some of the late Seventies Lace Wings get around 54g. Sparkle Flys or the Made in Mexico era are sub 46g.

4 Likes

Ya scratch that, itā€™s not heavier. Must have been placebo. In fact all of my butterflies weigh between 51-52 grams.

13 Likes

51-52?

2 Likes

Yes. :man_facepalming:t2: Thanks Keith.

1 Like

Okay guys, hear me out:

Red Butterfly XT with Blue Caps and Blue Mod Spacers, Satined Finish for Grinding, White String, and a Flying Panda Counterweightā€¦

Iā€™m drooling broā€¦

3 Likes

Good luck finding the mod spacers otherwise sounds good

2 Likes

I was thinking of using the ones that come with the pro z, eBay is littered with them.

1 Like

That works

1 Like

Do the Pro Zā€™s work well on the XT, similar to the OG mod spacers?

2 Likes

Do the ones with the triangles (Maniax I think) play noticeably differently?

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, they just look cool! But I feel that all of the clear new mould butterflies are pretty consistent.

1 Like

My brothers XT has the pro z mod spacers. Worked great last I used it! (Completely unrelated, but you can also get Duncan aluminum performance rings from the Skyhawk!)

1 Like

Arenā€™t the Mod Spacers that come with the Pro Z the same as the ones that could be bought separately?
I was under the impression thatā€™s the case :thinking:
The ones that came separately do work perfectly fine with the Butterfly XT thoughā€¦

6 Likes

Awesome, I wasnā€™t certain, they looked similar but Iā€™ve been tricked in the past before on things like that, haha. This is all very good to know!

1 Like

8 Likes

That looks amazing. I might as well just smash them with a hammer as try that myself. Nicely done!!

2 Likes