Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread šŸ¦‹ - More colours and special editions?

The current generation of butterflies are something specialā€¦ I took a break from playing them because they arenā€™t always the most comfortable in the catch for me plus I was having issues with getting consistent response. But getting the glow butterfly reignited my interest! Regarding the response, I find it helps to really crank up the torsion for a while during string break in. Iā€™m using Twisted Stringz Thick on these.

Despite all the great limited releases I have, I still love this electric blue :zap:, (which was the first one I found).

Speaking of which, yesterday I went to the local toy store where I bought that, 2 years ago. I was considering picking up some more colours and maybe getting another imperial. Only to be disappointed to find that their current stock was all last generation (old mould) butterflies and imperials in 2022 packaging?!!! lol :joy:, wut??? The seam flashing on those is so ugly. If you missed it, I wrote up this guide back in 2022 to help identify current generation butterflies.

It still seems so crazy to me that Duncan is shipping out old stock in new packaging! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s easier ways Tommy! Donā€™t do it man!!! :joy:

2 Likes

I gave away my blue. Currently rocking the purple as an EDC.

I really hope theyā€™ll be at Target again this year, and I hope itā€™s soon.

1 Like