Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread 🦋 - More colours and special editions?

It do kinda be feelin that way tho ngl :joy:

1 Like

Do regular butterfly caps fit on the psychedelic butterfly? I may do some half swaps if they do…

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I snagged one, but now feel like I should get a couple more…

4 Likes

Would anyone from this thread be willing to write-up a history of the Butterfly for the Archive, and gather images of as many colorways as they can?

4 Likes
6 Likes

13 Likes

Found an odd “Butterfly” on ebay the other day. Pink Sparkle, couldn’t resist. We’ll see what it actually is when it arrives.

@bjardin have there been any samples like this made in the past that you know of? What is Augie’s handle here, maybe he’d know?

6 Likes

@Augie

Yeah we need a re release of that one… asap

Never seen a pink sparkle, makes me wonder if it’s a Chinese knockoff :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No stamps make it sus

I’ve seen a few without stamps before, I believe they were samples. We’ll see when it arrives in a couple days.

1 Like

I only got one of these and already regret it. I should have at least gotten one to show and one to throw.

18 Likes

One of the 4 that ai bought will stay in the packaging. I LOVE that they let Bryan design the packaging too, and not just the yoyo. I’ll open one and it’ll be my new player butterfly, the other two will go in my backup box.

2 Likes

Does anyone know all the places that Butterfly’s have been made? Maybe another @Augie or @bjardin question.

Reason I ask is the pink sparkle Butterfly I bought on eBay just arrived (see my post above about it). It doesn’t match up to any of my current, or previous, generation butterfly’s. BUT, comparing it to my made in Mexico Butterfly, it’s right on. So I’m wondering if that factory made some sparkle samples, or if they make “Butterfly’s” and Duncan just had them stamp some for them, and this is one of the unstamped yoyos they made? The actual plastic feels just like my favorite gold sparkle butterfly, I mean exact. This pink one is an amazing player, glad I found it and took the chance on it. $2 well spent :joy:

4 Likes

Hey there!

Steve B or Brandon Jackson would be a better source on Butterfly history than me. I think Drew Tetz may know too.

2 Likes

Had to do it to em!

One to play, one to keep nice!

16 Likes

I can’t seem to find an answer, and I’m sure it’s pretty mundane, but what does the “AYEHY” stamping mean on Duncans? Is it a model/color designation? I see that there is variation to this letter combo on different models now that I look closer into it.

1 Like