Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread 🦋 - More colours and special editions?

I would love something that made it easier to understand the differences between different molds used and how to identify them. Also when they switched the plastic as the old butterflies feel different than the more recent ones. Either way yeah a guide would be welcome.

1 Like

Right here my dude

It was a hot topic for sure

1 Like

We’re working on one on the yoyoarchive.org, it’s just slow going.

4 Likes

I did find that one. Its not quite what Im looking for. Im thinking more like images of all the different graphics used over the years. Triangle, psychedelic, easter colorway ect.

1 Like

This is what I put together last year.

You can see a lot of these examples within the FAFT thread… Search Butterfly within the Topic

in 2021 I did a different variant every week that summer

Just keep scrolling though these post over there as I can go on an on an on an on …

3 Likes

Wow. Thank you!!

Got these yesterday at Target

12 Likes

hoping we see glow butterflys next year maybe…

4 Likes

2019 Cleveland World Yoyo Contest, 1989 Rice Krispies and 2023 Glow Imperial.

14 Likes

it was so cool last night. I got three of the new Imperial Glows (grandson, me to play and for the first time ever me to display in package) to go with my 2019 Butterfly and 1989 Rice Krispies Imperial. For that picture I left them all under an LED light on high while we ate supper. I was surprised how bright the Rice Krispies got but it started fading instantly and was 50 percent within a few seconds. They stayed under the light that was off and on throughout the night. I distributed them around the room as usual an when I woke up around 2:00 and was greeted by five glowing yoyos. The new ones still were really bright. It made me exceptionally happy. It’s a lot of love for $2.99.

4 Likes

I forgot the worlds one was a glow in the dark!

2 Likes

I had no idea either. I got this awesome box set from @yoyoretro a few months back. I put them on a shelf near my bed. I looked over a while after bed time and I was having a hard time figuring out what was going on. Every night since it was like DD himself was looking over me Lol!! I have enjoyed it so the new one was a no brainer. Which is also good for me.

Edit : I just realized that’s not my picture

10 Likes

Theses need to be in here

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

12 Likes

I’ve never seen those. That is way too cool!!

2 Likes

Anyone have a 2022/2023 Butterfly in orange or green they could post a photo of (and where gotten from)?

I’ll have to post a pic in a bit but I have some. I got them at Menards which is, I think, a Midwest thing. I might even have a new green one in package still. Pretty sure I opened my last orange already.

1 Like

Here ya go!

10 Likes

Where did you find them in Menards? I’ve never seen yoyos there.

1 Like

They only have them around the holidays in the toy area. I’m not sure if all Menards are the same but, at mine, the toy aisles are up by the registers. They also have Duncan spin tops and Duncan kendamas and even Duncan rubix cubes.

3 Likes