Butter vs Wangle vs Marco

• Bi Shutter
  • Marco
  • Shutter Wangle
  • I only have one
  • I have none

0 voters

Hey yall, if you haven’t already seen or at least know the 2015 - 2016 shutter vs horizon trend/hype, then you haven’t been quarantined yet cuz there are many many vids on youtube about that, but now there are better yoyos, and bi-metal yoyos, and you’ve probably already heard of the Marco (bimetal horizon) and the Butter (bimetal Shutter) and what I find interesting is that the horizon and shutter were getting compared and they were the same price, yet when they both got a bimetal redesign, the Butter became double the price of the Marco! So I wanted to get all of your opinions on which one is better (Marco or Butter) since they both are a bimetal version of the two legendary yoyos, the horizon and shutter.

3 Likes

So I’ve never played with a Butter or Marco…so I probably shouldn’t have voted.

But I did vote for the Butter…I say if you’re able to do so without feeling guilty or anything about the big purchase…go for it! Spoil yourself! :smiley:
I really like when people do really nice things for themselves once in awhile!

3 Likes

I have not tried the marco but ive tried the other two.

(I have not tried the champ edition wide angle, and I heard its a lot better)

The wangle has this more airy feeling, not in weight but in movement, it cuts right through the air with it being wide and having that shape. Def get the 66g version, as i thought it lacked a little bit of power.

Butter felt more chunky, but not really chunky but you feel the mass more in your hand. Its very powerful and has a lot of oomph behind every throw. Great all rounder throw.

3 Likes

I’ve thrown all three, and if you are wanting the best bang for your buck, the Marco is the clear winner. You also get good fingerspins, which may be a plus.

3 Likes

Marco is not the bimetal horizon at all. There are many differences between them, Paul just added the fingerspin cup

3 Likes

I actually really like the Marco a lot. It’s a great deal if you can get down with the sorta angular shape.

4 Likes

I own all of these. I like all of them a lot. I voted BiShutter but the Marco definitely plays a lot better then you might expect with a 60$ price tag. I’ve gotten rid of a lot but haven’t considered selling mine.

And the WA is great but if you get one now get one of the newer ones with the updated weight. It’s so much better performance wise, it’s really not worth getting the old one if you don’t have an attachment to its particular feeling on the string.

Edit: also not fair to compare a budget bimetal with a premium one imo.

4 Likes

yeah its a very competition driven shape and weight distribution unlike the shutters which are meant to be competition and a everyday throw shape/weight distribution

1 Like

u mean polo?

but ur incorrect the marco was modled after the horizon cuz polo used the horizon until he got the marco. he designed it to have more extreme weight distribution, and a more competition driven shape. he also wanted a larger width/catch zone

No I meant Paul, Polo hated how slim the Horizon was and wanted to make it wider. Yes it has a few cuts from the horizon but the distribution and specs are very different, Paul adjusted the cup and body to make it a little more like the Horizon but it was never designed to be the bimetal Horizon

1 Like