Bumblebee 98

Hi guys, I managed to get brand new bumblebee 98 year of production. It’s on way but what I can remember from 90s there was only 1 spare strip and 1 spare breaks

Could you kindly advise where in Europe (currently UK) can get amu of these parts? I did remember that we made them on our own on 90 but cannot remember what we use for this.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I know yoyofactory just released the grind mutant that uses old school cork break pads. Not sure in the size. Also not sure if they have a retailer in the UK.

1 Like

I will chat with them and will see, nice one pal

You can buy sheet cork in various thicknesses. Some people used to use what are called rub treads in the U.S. These are thin rubber pieces with s sticky side to keep from slipping in the bath tub.

3 Likes

Your friendly neighborhood YoYoExpert will have them real soon.

14 Likes

Lads i have another question, yo-yo arrived everything looks fine but it doesn’t come back to me, seems like is unprogressive how to make it progressive as I remember this yo-yo was progressive
Sorry for my English though
Thanks

Might want to thick lube the bearing, probably dried out after all these years. The BPT cork pads might also need replacement, players from that era claim they would sometimes only last a day or up to a week pending on hours of play.

1 Like

I have a Duncan Dragonfly (Duncan’s rebrand of the Bumblebee GT) that’s about 12 years old or so and aside from the thick lube I put in the bearing, the cork pads are well dried out and more slippery compared to my recently purchased Turbo Grind Machine that uses the same pads. It still responds thanks to the lube but I can feel a difference between the 2 for 0A/Modern Responsive play.

2 Likes

Nice 1 lads. I ordered some yo-yo lube from Amazon will see how it goes. :facepunch::facepunch:

1 Like

For what it’s worth and it really depends on how much response you want, I’ve been using silicone grease found at any home improvement store (in my case, found some in plumbing/faucet section at Home Depot). It’s thick stuff.