What do I have here?

I bought on EBay a used case to store yoyos in. I came with some junk yoyos and these (pictured). No axle, bearings no inner part, just the hubs and 2 other cork stars. Is this just more junk?

2 Likes

Sorry, this is the picture I meant to send.

1 Like

Looks like a duncan profire

1 Like

playymaxx is proyo, this looks like a turbo bumblebee or at least similar, maybe proyo 2 with bearing?

2 Likes

its a bumblebee. Smell that cork though. Looks like completely fresh cork. .So pretty

4 Likes

I don’t love calling yo-yos junk. Could probably fix that one. Plenty of parts available out there and a new bearing to make it like new.

2 Likes

Looks to be a proyo gt possibly. Maybe one of the crayon editions

:point_up_2: This

1 Like

It smells good I can’t help it! hahaha

1 Like

That is a Playmaxx ProYo Vid-E-Yo.

It’s identical to the black and yellow Playmaxx ProYo Turbo Bumblebee, except the Vid-E-Yo came in Pink, Green or Blue and had 3D/Holographic pogs of a Playmaxx team member.
These were from 1998/99 and were one the best performance yo-yo’s of that time.

If you want replacement cork pads the newly released yoyofactory turbo grind machine takes the same cork pads.

2 Likes

I am missing the Holographic pogs, the axle and the bearing. Any ideas on how to resurrect it, or pass what I have on to someone who needs what I have? Thanks, archiesdad

It’s a size A bearing, which you can buy separately on yoyoexpert.
The bolts for the axle you can find at a hardware store.
I’m not sure about the actual axle size but it’s possible you can buy one separately on yoyoexpert or use a donor axle from another yo-yo.

It’s worth maaaaybe $30 bucks if assembled and functional. So I don’t know if you’d consider it worth while to source all those parts?

Thanks. As original, it would be an interesting Yoyo, but for myself, I doubt that what I have is really worth the time and trouble that might be better used learning to throw a Yoyo. Should anyone want the parts I have I will give them for the shipping. It took me a couple of messages to figure out that the hollow areas were the outside of the Yoyo, so this has been a learning experience.

2 Likes

I’ve got spare bearings and might have an axle that fits it. Could send it to you if you want (it would cost me a stamp lol) or I’ll pay the shipping put it back together and add it to my pass on to new players pile I’m forming for a local high school club.

If either option sounds interesting send me a message I’m good either way.

1 Like

I’d like to send to you for you to put it back together and pass it on. If you will send your address, I’ll get the parts out to you. I can put the postage on it. Thanks! archiesdad

2 Likes

Just wanted to post a picture. It arrived and I have what I need to make it whole just need to find time to shave down the screw I’m using for an axle. I’ll post more info on progress when I make it and then give it a few test throws. Then the fun part reaching out to the highschool and setting a time when schools back in to pass on some yo-yos to the local club.

I have more than just this to pass on. I have a small case of stuff to make room for new stuff.

1 Like

Great. Keep me in the loop, as you see fit. I may have a couple more, that may need tweaking or not, that you can pass on. I need to spend more time with this before I figure out what.

so cool to see a classic restored

1 Like