Playmaxx Question

Hi there all-

I was wondering if anybody has one or two pairs of cork-pad replacements for the Playmaxx Bumble Bee they would be willing to let go of for a few bucks? I was supposed to receive some from a long-standing member of the forum here a few months ago but its come to my attention that he announced a long-term departure from the “yo-yo” realm a few months back, so my pads never materialized.

I just really want to get some awesome vintage play hours out of this old Bumble Bee.

Just private message me if you think you could help me out.

Thank you in advance,
sincerely,
~Strangebird

3 Likes

You could make some on your own. Tub treads are rubber stickies you can use for traction in bath tubs. Home Depot and most hardware stores sell them. Most are similar in thickness as the cork pads used for playmax yoyos. Cut them out with an exacto knife. You may also be able to find sticky back cork sheets you could cut.

2 Likes

Someone on Facebook had a cool idea of 3d printing a starburst response that fit playmaxx throws. I might try and design some tomorrow to see how it works.

3 Likes

I have the most amazing thing you have ever seen in your entire yo-yo life………

Even if you are a reincarnated yo-yo player…

A few folks are gonna say ‘What’?

Lol

Ok… here is the story>

Over 20 years ago, I use to deal with Playmaxx directly. One of the nicest guys I ever met, Tom and I talked on a regular basis. This particular order was from back in the day of horse powered wagons, thereabouts, lol.
….in the image I’m posting up, look at the order transaction date. 1999! What?
I’ve had this box sitting in my shop for over 22 years.
I think I can spare a few pairs of pads… and some OG string, even🙀

I was pretty heavily into modding yo-yos back then and obviously directed my energy/focus on other things and just never got around to using the strings or pads.

Time flies when you’re having fun…

15 Likes

Considering that a lot of places were selling playmax break pads for .25 to .50 each (or more) that was a real bargain, as well as the string price.

1 Like

Oh man! I’m seriously interested!

1 Like