Bullying

Am I the only one that thinks this post was a joke/troll? ???

no I think it’s a troll as well to some extent.

That was my initial thought but on the chance that it’s not, I think it depends on the situation. I’m in high school and recently made a Facebook account so I’ve only got like between 100-200 friends on FB. Anyways I posted a video with some intermediate tricks on YouTube and I got a lot of compliments the next day and the video has over 800 views now. Maybe learn some more advanced tricks, most people have seen walk the dog and sleeper because they are really easy.
Unless you are just trying to be a troll…

I missed the “joke” if there was one, but after looking at his only other post in which he’s wondering if buying a kendama makes him “stupid”, maybe you’re right.

As a teacher, however, I do NOT take bullying lightly, so that’s why I posted the way I did.

1 Like

When I started yoyoing I got teased and called names. I was also told I had way to much free time. If you want the teasing to stop there is a couple things you could do.

1. Ignore it. ( I know this is not really making the teasing stop.)
  2. Before school, look up a yoyo trick that will take time to learn. When people say you are not good at yoyoing, you can tell them that you have not been yoyoing that long or that you are working on a hard trick.
  3. Don’t try to impress people. If they call you names or other things, offer them to try a cheap yoyo that you own ( You want one that you will be okay if it gets dented or dinged). If they try it they will see how yoyoing is harder than it looks. ( If they smash your yoyo on purpose, Tell a Teacher about what they did)
  4. Tell your mom and the school. If this makes the bullies angry and they bully more than ever, tell your parent/guardian and the school again. This will get the message out that says: DO NOT BULLY ME AGAIN.

When I started yoyoing, I only tried to impress my friends and family. My friends and family would respect the time I put into my yoyoing

I hope this helps,
Aidin

Ummm, NO!!! :wink:

I am somewhat antisocal. So I get scared if someone looks at me when I’m yoyoing and i stop.
People are just scary.

1 Like

I would simply say, ’ I throw yoyos because it was suggested by the Criminal Court Judge. It has a Calming effect and keeps me from breaking my promise to myself; to Never Kill Again’.

Or plan ‘B’ just don’t yoyo at School.

1 Like

Alright guys, even if he is trolling (especially since he joined yoyoexpert today and his name is ‘YOYODWEEB’), I would like to put in my two cents and tell my story. I was overweight in high school, and there was bullying. I was always the “fat/funny” kid, and it really lowered my self esteem. I didn’t yoyo around school much, so I stayed home and practiced. Sophomore year I decided to turn my life around and started working on myself (mentally and physically). I started losing weight, and ended up losing 65 lbs. Junior year I started looking into building some muscle in the gym, and to this day the gym is my second home (it’s a great stress reliever too). Anyways- the whole time I kept yoyoing. Eventually, people started noticing, and let me tell you; if you yoyo with confidence, people will notice and they will appreciate the work you have put into it. Since those days in high school, I have yoyo’ed for tons of people, and trust me- they respect you. It is something they haven’t seen, and if you embrace it, you can go far. I even yoyo’ed for a job interview (and yes, they hired me ;D). The point of my story is this- keep throwing with confidence because you are in the minority of people who can actually put their mind to something and accomplish it. People WILL respect you and you WILL build confidence. Take your gift and run with it, because it is an exciting road to explore.

-Matt

1 Like

This guy is a troll. I promise he is just a troll.
He messaged me asking to buy my entire collection for $14,000.
He just joined today, and there are many reasons not to believe most he says.
His other post asked if Kendama is bad for his mental health.

1 Like

Of course hes a troll, any reasonable person would offer at least 50k.

Ummm, yes he is, but this has been left here for the benefit of others who have a story to tell.

1 Like

Honestly just curious, but what did he do that we all know he is a troll? I guess I am curious as to the crimes he has committed to confirm these allegations.

If you are a troll then go get a life dude. We are an open community here and there really are people who struggle with bullying nowadays. This may be for all we know the only place someone feels comfortable coming to talk about their struggles or feel free to talk about this wonderful hobby without being ridiculed or picked on. To be honest creating an account to troll people who get bullied show clear signs that maybe you have something you need to talk about. Don’t be afraid, we won’t judge you.

I for one have been blessed to never have been the victim of bullying. Sure from time to time in my life I’ve been laughed at or picked on slightly, but who hasn’t. I have stood up for many people who have been a victim of bullying though. My heart goes out to you guys and gals who struggle with this.

I am a youth minister at my local church and a lot of the kids who attend are those who get bullied. It breaks my heart to see how many kids in high school and junior high struggle with this. Many of those who talk to me one on one break down in tears because of what they have to go through nowadays. In the 4 years I have been doing ministry I’ve even seen a handful contemplate and one attempt to commit suicide.

Stay strong guys, life does go on much better after high school. You are all awesome and wonderful people, and there are people who care about you.

It wasn’t obvious that it was a troll after “I try to impress them with my amazing sleeper…”?

i would just ignore them and keep having fun as long as they don’t put their hands on you just ignore them i had the same problem with my wife when i start throwing again she would call me all kinds of name like a little boy immature and not a man well now we are getting a divorce lol

This has been an interesting read. :smiley:

In my opinion…, unless you are getting into physical fist fights with these people or they are putting their hands on you, why do you care?? You can verbally fight back but, what do either of you gain? Don’t take it Personal that these people bullying you have very PERSONAL ISSUES in their own lives to deal with, probably ones that they would be qualified for counseling to resolve.

The Key is: “DON’T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.” Ask them where they see themselves in 20 years with this “Being a Shut-In With NO Future” style behavior they are exhibiting if it goes unresolved and ultimately…, WALK AWAY.

I too, was bullied up until about Middle School. Not for Yo-Yo but because I was overweight, and let me tell ya! I was called every name in the book man. I road the bus to/from school and was picked on even on the way to and from school, it sucked! but I lived through it and still even had plenty of friends. It helped me develop into who I am today. It helped me develop the ability to stand up for myself, the ability to persevere through the darker times, and the ability to deal with strong opposition and unforeseen adversity when it arises. It can be a true test on your manhood but, you can extract many gems of wisdom from dealing with these situations.

About 7th grade or so, I began to blossom. I lost most of my weight, I was getting really good at Yo-Yo and I knew I was becoming a quick, sharp Competitor worthy aficionado. The severe bullying had stopped, that didn’t mean I didn’t have many confrontations with the school yard jerk every now and then. I stopped playing Yo-Yo as hard-core as I was into it earlier on, though because I was getting more interested in skateboarding and around 9th grade I already had my Driver’s Permit so I was driving and looking for ways to fix up cars.

The point in all this is to just persevere through it and you will come out of High School and enter College with a better attitude. Don’t let others influence you emotionally and especially don’t try to change for people whom could probably careless about you either way.

Ive been made fun of my entire life,ive always been the odd ball.but when it comes to something you enjoy ,never doubt yourself,and when people are trying to take their time to make fun of you,just walk away or when you throw put some ear buds in,so you cant hear them ;D thats what i used to do.
But as you get older you will not have to walk through the same building to see the same people,atleast not to the capacity of a school’s population. It’ll change at some point buddy do not let them win with their discouragement.

1 Like

Honestly, I haven’t been bullied, but thats only because a lot of the bullies like me for some reason; they’re terrible people though, so I really don’t want to be with them in any shape or form. Anyway, bullying is a problem, but it’s not as bad as the news says, and my parents are always saying that back in the 70’s and 80’s, bullying was much worse, and I truly believe that. Yoyo’s have gotten me made-fun-of at the park by these two idiots.

Some people are jerks, guys. Sometimes, you just have to deal with it…

look it happened to me to so don’t let them bring you down dude just keep on yo-yoing, for instance people hate on each other because 1 the cant do their simply a jerk so just keep on doin what youre doing it will go away , good luck ;D

never been bullied ever

however, standing up to them (whether it’s passive or aggressive) and confronting them is optimal if you want the harassment to stop. never ever ever ever stay neutral and never let them pick on you. be assertive and show that you won’t take the abuse. i know it’s easier said than done but you shouldn’t resort to just “dealing with it” and to people telling others to just “deal with it, it’s life” well you’re full of **** and taking a “neutral” stance means you’re siding with the bully

@logi: antisocial does not mean quiet or shy