'Budget' Metal Label

I know right !! Im having a tough time deciding between the Rave and the Weekend. Probably going with the Rave, just look at that blue :o

if u’r budget u better have fancy colorways

I have no problem with the budget metal label because I don’t associate price with performance. That something is for those on a budget means only that something is made to be less expensive, not less excellent.

Of course when budget isn’t an issue the designer doesn’t have to worry about it, but an absolutely excellent designer will be able to make a yo-yo great and inexpensive.

I dont relate budget yoyos with quality of play at all.budget does imply cheap but cheap in terms of price not quality

I get what you’re saying. For me, “budget” isn’t instantly bad, but it does generally imply that something is different to account for the difference in price.

So maybe we need to start calling <= $60 throws “yoyos” and > $60 throws “premium metals.”

I can’t stand the “budget” label… I’d prefer to see a “unicorn” label for everything I can’t afford.

I’ve been impressed by enough “budget” yoyos, and had enough disappointments with “unicorns” to know that price does not necessarily equal quality.