Broken statement

So here’s a statement I have I got it mostly stripped and by the end of the day it was 100 percent stripped. So then my dad tried to drill in more axle threads and put in a bigger axle. It held together but vibed like crazy. Then I tried to fix the rings because they looks kind of moved and I wanted to know if that was the problem. Now it’s bent and won’t even screw together. Please don’t judge me for my stupid mistakes.

2 Likes

ouch. valiant effort to keep it playing, but I think you can consider that one retired. Sad, but still an opportunity to find the next great one.

4 Likes

Yea I kinda knew that was coming the good news is I only paid like 30$ for it.

@yoyospirit might be able to do something with it

Three options.
Retirement, modder fodder, or just make it a fixie.

1 Like

No way! what’s up yoyojoe.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll figure something out. Thanks!

Also do you know how I can push the rings over. I think that’s what’s causing it to vibe like crazy. It’s like so vibey it doesn’t play well

1 Like

The rings are pushed into the catch zone? Measure the diameter of the rings and find a piece of PVC pipe that will rest on the rings only from the catch zone side.
Get a smaller diameter PVC pipe that will rest in the cup where it is thickest or just inside the rings. Cut a length square on both ends long enough to float the half off of a solid work surface.
Cut a length of the larger pvc square on both ends as well and stack small pvc, yoyo half, large pvc, and then a solid board.
Lightly tap to outright whack to taste. It’s borked at this point anyways, what’s the worst that could happen?

I think I can say with a 99.8% certainty that it is vibing like crazy because of that new axle attempt.

3 Likes

Yeah it was definitely a bad idea😂

Ooof. Yea its probably not the rings that moved. Drilling with a hand drill can cause the axle to go off center, which can induce vibe. It could be repaired, but if it was only $30 anyways I’d recommend buying a new one. The cost to repair this is probably not worth it on your end.

Yea Ik I’ll just be crossing my fingers I’ll be able to one day find one for a good deal