Brand Loyalty

I would buy 5. Ann just seems like on of those people who is overly nice and fun to be around. Looks good too :wink: there’s no reason not to like Ann.

Brand Loyalty?!

#YOLO

3 Likes

I’ve personally been a fan of Werrd for the past few years.

I own all but a few of their yoyos, multiple of some, and have at least one Werrd throw on my at all times. Heck, I even have their logo tattooed on my arm, haha.

Don’t get me wrong, I like other companies as well, and love to see what other people are coming up with. Werrd just has more that appeals to me as far as their yoyos go. Not to mention the fact that they are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

They just have a lot going on for their company that I like.

I’m loyal to brands for a variety of reasons but the main reason will always be that their product is more to my liking than that of their competitors, even if there are things about the company and their practices that are not to my liking. When it comes to modern yoyos I suppose I am most loyal to CLYW and YYF since the majority of yoyos I own are of those 2 brands with the rest of my collection covering a wide variety of brands (if I were to “get into” another brand it would likely be OD as they have a decent variety of things I suspect I would enjoy).

I find the online behavior of one of YYF’s key employees deplorable at worst and petty/childish at best but the quality of their products and prices are the best of the best in my opinion. Their “premium” throws that are priced at similar levels to all competitors are fantastic but a couple of my favorite YYF throws are actually at the Fundametal range (Boss, Yuuksta). I own a couple YYF throws that aren’t really my style but that is bound to happen when trying a wide variety of things.

My perception of the CLYW brand is pretty much the exact opposite of how I perceive YYF (as a result of their 1 bad apple) and I think it is really cool that Chris was able to turn his dream into reality and have a ton of good people on his team supporting his brand/product. My only complaint about CLYW is that I think the retail prices have gotten out of line in comparison to competitors but I can certainly appreciate the fact that his production situation is likely a lot more expensive and complicated than that of a company like YYF, and I’m sure that having the wide variety of limited release colorways that we all love doesn’t make things cheaper or simpler for CLYW. I think of YYF products as simple yoyos (and to be honest I think their product is superior, or at the very least, my skill level/style is more suited to their product) but I have a much stronger bond to my CLYW throws in general and I have a much stronger desire to own more of their throws. I own every YYF product that I have any interest in at the moment and have very little desire to own additional units of a model I already own. When it comes to CLYW on the other hand, in addition to the models that I do not yet own and hope to add to my collection soon, there are many many colorways of models I already own that I would more than happily add to my collection over time if I was able to acquire them. It is a bit nerdy but I would not hesitate to display a CLYW collection proudly in my home, their product has an artistic quality that no other yoyo company can even compare to in my opinion. The YYFs I own are mostly in my favorite colorways of that model but none are particularly inspiring. A blue 08 888 doesn’t look nearly as impressive as a 28s Peak and the best yoyo I own/have ever played for my amateur playstyle looks like a deformed turd (it happens to be an 07 888)

In the future I may become loyal to other brands instead of YYF/CLYW or in addition to them. I do try other brands when I see something that appeals to me, but often times even if I’m impressed by the 1-2 throws I do pick up, the company simply doesn’t offer anything else I’m interested in (General Yo), other times the only things that appeal to me are more gimmicky throws that I would pick up for the right price but am in no hurry to get (SPYY stuff) and other times I am very very pleased with what I have tried so far but am still in search of my next purchases (OD)

1 Like

double post.

Exactly my point