Brand Loyalty

Unless there is a reason for brand loyalty, then don’t worry about it.

I buy what I want and like and don’t worry about anything. My collection covers over 50 brands and various yoyos. I have a bit of everything, except stuff right now that is strictly oriented with a primary focus on 3A, but I do have some 1A pairs that can serve that purpose just fine. Of stuff I like, I may be inclined to purchase additional units. Variety is good for me.

I know people who are just really stuck on one brand(YYJ comes to mind), but they enjoy what they have and don’t seem to be really missing out on anything, so I see no problem with that.

I’m not brand loyal in much of anything. If I was brand loyal in audio, I would have to do that in categories: Amps, speakers(passive), active speakers, desks, outboard signal processing, racks, mics, stands, accessories, cases… The type of equipment that “single brand” is not possible or you will miss vital components.

To each their own. If you’re happy, the rest doesn’t matter.

I have decided that I will try as many brands as I can before deciding on brand loyalty. No two of my throws are from the same company (I do not count my Summit as half of a CLYW and half of a OD).

I’m a big fan of yomega and make it a point to support them, and happen to mostly have their throws. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have throws from other companies. Some of which I happen to greatly enjoy a lot. From my point of view no matter how much I enjoy or want to support a company, they won’t be helping to pay my bills at the end of the day… So being “bran loyal” is sorta dumb IMHO…

Not many of you notice this, but I have tons of love towards YoYoJam. Just putting it out there.

I would have never guessed that. I did not see that coming!

You’ll live Chris, no need to make a big deal about it.

[quote=“yomagic,post:14,topic:57333”]
This makes perfect sense and is a philosophy I would expect all companies have adopted for their teams. It is the team’s job to rep. the company. How can you talk intelligently about what your company brings to the table if you don’t know what others are doing?

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:15,topic:57333”]
This is pretty much how I view brand loyalty. It isn’t so much being “loyal” to one brand but more that I have tried so many different types and gravitate towards the one that fit me. Different yo-yo companies begin to develop a “feel” that is unique to them even over a wide variety of designs.

I’m still recovering from the shock. Good thing I was sitting down when I read that.

I do not have brand loyalty in any area of my life. I’m loyal to high performance products that match what I’m looking for.

That said, I have mostly purchased OD, CLYW, and SPYY. There was a time where I bought every release from OD and SPYY. Sometimes certain brands become favored, but thats only a reflection of the company’s releases. Now my favored brand is probably TMBR because I’m into fixed axles and the products fit what I’m looking for.

I think the OP nailed the motivation behind a good majority of the company loyalty/fanboyism.

The character or attitude of people in the company or people that the company endorse have however caused me to not purchase a yoyo or model, regardless of play.

I know what you’re talking about.

Due to one person’s behavior, I basically boycotted WERRD. Fortunately, WERRD has resolved that situation.

Another company, I will NEVER buy their products, based on some behavior I saw. I don’t care if I meet the guy and we become best of friends, I ain’t ever gonna buy their product. I won’t even try it, consider it, buy one, trade for one or receive one. CANNOT have that brand and WILL NOT.

Another brand, I’ve played all their products and basically haven’t liked any of their products. At this point, I’m simply not going to buy anything from that brand. Ever. If their past represents their future, then I’ll skip this one.

1 Like

Idk if I could ever boycott a company based on the actions of other people. While let’s say someone on their company X’s team says something I disagree with I couldn’t hold that company liable for opinions or words that come from that persons mouth. If the company owners say something that I take offensive or crude then that’s fair enough reason to boycott their company. Their are a company or two I dislike and I am a team member of a company and I say some stuff some people question and don’t like but I’m human and allowed to have an opinion. Some people dislike it and hold that to the company but I see no reason too. My actions and thoughts are from my brain and if your mad at anyone be made at me not the yoyos I play with.

Just how I see that.

We can agree to disagree.

However, when a sponsored player is being abusive towards others and trying to bully others, and it’s all within a yoyo related circle, you have choices:

1: Ask them to stop. OF course I did, and I was basically told to go “procreate with myself”. Amazing how people get brave over the internet.
2: Blocking them, but they chose to go around it.
3: Talk to their handlers. That seemed to resolve it. However, it took a while for the company to address the situation. Their “ambassador” slipped up and I had to put that information in front of their eyes again.

I had an employee like that once. He was fired on the spot and left somewhere in Texas with his earned pay up to that point. He was terminated and then left in the city we did the show in and not allowed back on the tour bus. He had more than ample cash in his hand for taxi to a bus station or airport and a 1st Class ticket to where-ever he felt like going. Ain’t got time for that kind of behavior.

At any rate, back to yoyos. My point was made. I’m not here to be abused. I’m not here to abuse others. One’s actions reflect upon those who choose to sponsor them, when things are done within specific circles. Remember that one’s actions can have ties and implications past that of the individual. Had that guy been on my roster, he’d have been dropped immediately without reservation or hesitation. You don’t act like that when you associate with me.

Just my 2-cents worth.

I secretly want to be sponsored by YYF one day because I seem to enjoy their models a lot. But I wouldn’t say I am biased towards buying their yoyos. Maybe if I could afford buying many more yoyos, a good third would be YYF, another fourth or fifth C3, and then the rest in the remaining. But at this point I can’t afford that, so I try to get as much variety in my small collection as possible. And I’m happy with it ;D.

I definitely understand your point Studio. I do agree if they go overboard and are really rude or say really hurtful things then there’s reason. But if they have an opinion on a subject and you (not you but in general) disagree and try to boycott them because of this person opinion then I don’t understand. It seems like many people believe sponsored players are inhuman and aren’t allowed to have opinions or views on something.

I’m still waiting for a Yoyofactory Paul Han signature yoyo.

That’s a signature colorway not a signature yoyo.

I wish YoyoFactory would make more signature yoyos instead of signature color ways. There are actually a few YoyoFactory throws I wouldn’t mind owning if they were made. (I’d snatch up an Ann Connolly sig in a second)

I feel like, if Ann Connolly had a signature yoyo, everyone would buy it, regardless if it was good quality or not.

Everyone loves Ann, trust me, if she had a signature throw, it would sell.

Some people like her for the wrong reasons to be honest. Have you seen the comments on her Youtube?