Boston / Massachusetts yoyo clubs

im about to go back to school in the boston area and i was wondering if there are any yoyo clubs in the surrounding areas?

1 Like

Drive to Easthampton, it’s the home of yoyoexpert.com and they have regular contests and “throwdowns”

Im in newton, add me on Facebook and Ill add you to the boston throwers group. This goes for anyone else in the area. My Facebook is Evan Slack :slight_smile:

I thought easthampton was a little far do any of you live around fairhaven? I was trying to start a club

Easthampton might be far, but if you’re in Boston that’s about as close as you’re going to get. The Throwdowns are fantastic contests and a bunch of fun. The next one is Jan 24 I think, you should definitely come and check it out.

There is a facebook group / club known as the Boston Throwers, that used to meet on a semi-regular basis in Boston Common when the weather was nice.

But none of the Boston Throwers have any initiative or organizational skills, so as far as I’m aware, they don’t really meet at all anymore.

Can you link to the info on that I’m seriously trying to make the event: edit

Link found http://throwdown.yoyoexpert.com/

Your Evan? Oh. I saw you at NER.

edit: oops, necro

Anyway, check out A2Z

Boston-YoYo-Club-Flier-07-14-23-jpg

:yo-yo:Come yo-yo with us at our new location at Assembly Row in Somerville, MA
- Next Friday 07/14/23 - 6:00pm-8:00pm‼️

Whether you are a beginner or an expert, everyone is welcomed. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to hone your skills, make some friends and have a great time! :heart::yo-yo:

:round_pushpin:We are meeting outside between the Capital One and Ruth’s Chris Steak House on Revolution Dr.

:parking: Parking is free (for 3 hours) at the Mass General Brigham garage!

:hamburger::taco::green_salad: There are tons of food options around as well! :slight_smile:

Hope to see you there! :sunglasses:

#bostonthrowers

7 Likes

Just joined the FB group. Might be able to make it next week!

2 Likes

Gonna try to make it out, hope the weather is good!

2 Likes

Many thanks to Eric for putting this meet together and also to everyone that came. it was super fun to hang out and play with so many great throwers! Not sure I learned any new tricks but got some expert advice on tricks i need to work on. I found myself losing track mid trick everytime i looked up, staring at everyone else’s crazy skills, unable to believe what i was seeing. Definitely wore this introvert out but in the best way. I’m already looking forward to the next one.

3 Likes

:rotating_light:Mark your calendar! - Next Meet! - 09/22!!

We had a busy August, but we are back!! - Next YoYo Meetup is Friday 09/22 - 6pm-8pm in the green grass area next to the Mass General Brigham Garage in Somerville!

Green grass area: Keep walking in-between the Capital One Cafe and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in the alleyway until you see the green grass!

Parking rates are free for the first 3 hours!

Beginner to advanced, hobbyist, collectors, Everyone is welcomed! :yo-yo::heart:

#bostonthrowers

9 Likes

sweet

1 Like

Thanks again to Eric and everyone that came out this evening, super fun times at the meet! Can’t wait for the next one!

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to come out to hang with us throwers! - Glad you had fun and thanks for the yo! - Your dye jobs are UNREAL!!! - :fire::heart:

2 Likes

Hopefully I can make it out for the next one! Im just getting started and could surely benefit from some tips in person

3 Likes

Surprise!! :yo-yo::tada:

YoYo Meet this Saturday from 2:00pm-4:00pm!

We will be taking advantage of what might be the last sunny warm day of the year, by doing one last meet outside before moving indoors! :sunny::sunglasses:

#bostonthrowers

4 Likes

Woohoo! Ill be there. Verrry much a beginner. Excited to watch and learn!

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes