Borealis snagging.. suggestions?

I recently bought a used Borealis off of BST and it throws great and is very smooth but the only problem is that it tends to snag sometimes and the response is VERY grippy. I know that the Borealis has a very small gap width and that the Snow Tires on a CLYW are thicker, so I switched to a thinner string but it still snags. This is my first CLYW so I am not familiar with snow tires… is there something I should know that I don’t? I love the way this yo yo feels in my hand but the snagging is annoying. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Just smooth out your play. Snagging will happen as a result of sloppy play most times, so make sure to keep the yoyoing moving constantly, and make sure there isn’t slack during combos around the bearing unintentionally.

You can also work on wearing down the response pads. Great time to practice regens!

1 Like

Yeah I get that and agree but it doesn’t seem to be happening like that with any of my other throws

If its really bad just rip out the snow tires and pour some flowable in it with a slight recess. No more snagging.

1 Like